BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites
104 1st Avenue E US Highway 61 E, Grand Marais, MN 55604-3130
Phone: 218/387-2240 | Fax: 218/387-2244 | 66 Rooms | Online Reservations
Stay at this 100% non-smoking Grand Marais, Minnesota hotel located on Lake Superior near Lutsen Ski Mountain, Boundary Waters Canoe Area and North House Folk School.
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites located in Grand Marais, Minnesota. Guests staying at this Grand Marais hotel will be on Lake Superior with private cobblestone beach and near Cook County North Shore Hospital, the Cook County Airport and the Gunflint Trail.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites awarded "M.K Guertin" in 2012 the highest honor a Best Western can receive for exceptional service, quality, value and commitment to the brand.
Proudly offer 66 recently renovated, richly-appointed guest rooms complete with 40-inch or 32-inch flat panel televisions, free wireless Internet access, microwave and refrigerator. Guests will wake each morning to a delicious complimentary hot breakfast. This Grand Marais hotel's additional amenities include a choice of whirlpool, fireplace or Renewal Steam Suites with walk in steam shower and picture window with view of Lake Superior.
Pets allowed in Traditional, Beargrease (JB Wing) and corner fireplace rooms. Business travelers will be close to the U.S. Coast Guard, Border Patrol, Cook County Courthouse North Shore Hospital and Forest Service, Gunflint Ranger District office.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites is close to a variety of summer and winter outdoor activities including Lake Superior for biking, hiking, fishing and boating, downhill skiing and cross country skiing, snowmobile trails. Hotel guests often choose the BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites when attending the John Beargrease Dog Sled Race, Ham Run Marathon, Fisherman's Picnic, Grand Marais Art Festival, Moose Madness, Unplugged, and sightseeing the fall foliage on nearby scenic byways.
For superior customer service and a convenient location in Grand Marais, make a reservation at this award winning, lakefront Minnesota hotel today.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Free parking
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, includes items such as hot eggs, meat, yogurt, fruit, pancakes, cereals, toaster breads, "World's Best Donuts"(seasonal), organic coffee and teas
- Hot tub, Giant indoor whirlpool
- Guest laundry, coin operated washer & dryer, nominal fee, hours are 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., located on the third floor
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Fax services
- 24-hour front desk
- Cable TV, 40-inch flat panel television in Renewal Steam Suite, Superior Luxury Suite and Grand Rooms
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, two computers with printer in lobby
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, guests may deposit mail in post box by front desk. Post Office located across street from hotel.
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Elevator, stairs to access John Beargrease rooms
- Interior corridor
- Late check out, if available for an additonal fee -inquire at check in
- Safe deposit box, at front desk no charge
- Printer available
- Sunbathing, Cobblestone beach of Lake Superior is right out our back door
- Ice/vending machines, second floor of hotel
- Walking distance to downtown Grand Marais restaurants, galleries and shops
- Giant indoor whirlpool
- Lighted parking
- Over flow parking lot for trailers, semi's and busses
- Private cobblestone beach on Lake Superior
BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus superior inn & suites in Grand Marais.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western plus superior inn & suites in Grand Marais, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 47.751365 / Latitude: -90.330785
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. You will find the BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites on the shore of Lake Superior one block south of U.S. 61 and one block east of the city center.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.15 mile(s) from Sivertson Art Gallery, gallery featuring local and Inuit artist work
- 0.20 mile(s) from Johnson Heritage Post, rotating exhibits feature local and regional art
- 0.20 mile(s) from Grand Marais Art Colony, offering adult and family workshops and studio space, oldest Minnesota art colony
- 0.20 mile(s) from Arrowhead Center for the Arts, offers year round cultural arts, music, plays and movies
- 0.20 mile(s) from Betsy Bowen Studio, working artist studio featuring Betsy Bowen's wood block prints, books and cards
- 0.20 mile(s) from Cook County Historical Museum, take a step back in time and learn about Cook County's history
- 0.25 mile(s) from Gunflint Trail, National Scenic Byway, 57 miles paved road winding through the Boundary Waters canoe area
- 0.25 mile(s) from Artist Point, Coast Guard Station and Grand Marais Harbor
- 0.30 mile(s) from North House Folk School, home to the 50 foot, two masted schooner boat rides in summer, many festivals to include Unplugged and Wooden Boat Show
- 2.50 mile(s) from Pincushion Mountain, scenic overlook overlooking the Grand Marais harbor, cross country ski and snowshoe trails in the winter, bike and hiking trails in the summer
- 12.00 mile(s) from Cascade State Park, excellent hiking, ledgerock shoreline, overlooks, maple and birch fall colors, cascading river, visitors center
- 12.00 mile(s) from Judge Magney State Park, legendary Devil's Kettle falls where the water drops 50 feet, fishing hiking and picnicking
- 18.00 mile(s) from Lutsen Mountain Ski Area, the Midwest's only gondola lift, vertical rise 1088 feet. 90 runs, four mountains gondola rides are also available in the summer season.
- 22.00 mile(s) from Commerical Fishing Museum, history of commercial fishing on the north shore of Lake Superior
- 25.00 mile(s) from Cross River Heritage site, displays of the history of the area and local artists
- 25.00 mile(s) from Baptism River, casacading falls located on Highway 61 in Schroeder - seasonal wayside
- 34.00 mile(s) from Grand Portage National Monument, a living history of the heritage of the Anishinabe & Ojibwe people of Grand Portage & the North West Company
- 34.00 mile(s) from Grand Portage Heritage Center, is an exhibit/gallery of Ojibwe culture and the fur trade
- 34.00 mile(s) from Isle Royale Ferry, ferry for Isle Royale National Park leaves seasonally from Grand Portage
- 0.01 mile(s) from Kayak Outfitters
- 0.01 mile(s) from Fuel and Convenience Store
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 18.00 mile(s) from Lutsen
- 20.00 mile(s) from Hovland
- 25.00 mile(s) from Tofte
- 36.00 mile(s) from Grand Portage
- 84.00 mile(s) from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- 105 mile(s) from Duluth
- 270 mile(s) from Minneapolis/St Paul
- 308 mile(s) from Detroit Lakes
- 353 mile(s) from Fargo, ND
- 368 mile(s) from Grand Forks, ND
- 420 mile(s) from Rochester, MN
- 439 mile(s) from Madison, WI
- 447 mile(s) from Sioux Falls, SD
- 504 mile(s) from Cedar Falls, IA
- 507 mile(s) from Milwaukee, WI
- 511 mile(s) from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- 597 mile(s) from Chicago, IL
- 0.01 miles) from Holiday Station Store, gas station, convience store, MN Lottery, bait and sporting goods, dnr license
- 0.02 mile(s) from Super America, gas station, convience store, MN Lottery, bait and sporting goods, dnr license
- 0.03 mile(s) from Buck's Hardware Hank, hardware store, Spur gas station, DNR registartion station
- 0.04 mile(s) from Joynes Ben Franklin, variety store with Carhartt, Red Wing, Merrill, Woolrich, Pendleton, Uggs, New Balance, Filson, Fox RIver, Clarks, Acorn
- 0.06 mile(s) from US Border Patrol, US Border Patrol
- 0.25 mile(s) from Coast Guard Station
- 1.00 mile(s) from Ace Hardware-Superior Lumber, Ace Hardware at Superior Lumber
- 1.00 mile(s) from US Forest Service, Gunflint Ranger District, Superior National Forest, and Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- 6.00 mile(s) from Hedstrom Lumber, Lumber Mill
- 36.00 mile(s) from National Park Serivce, Grand Portage National Monument, Historic Site and Heritage Center
- 40.00 mile(s) from US Immigration & Customs, Grand Portage MN International Border Crossing
- 0.20 mile(s) from Grand Marais Art Colony, provides services to artists, promotes art education through classes and workshops in many mediums
- 0.25 mile(s) from C.C. Higher Education, certificates and degrees from colleges and universities via distant education
- 0.30 mile(s) from North House Folk School, celebrating traditional crafts and the joy of learning through year round classes and workshops
- 76.00 mile(s) from Lakehead University, Lakehead University in Thunder Bay Ontario
- 110 mile(s) from Duluth University, University of Duluth Minnesota
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.10 mile(s) from snowmobile trails, access available from the Inn or further up the Gunflint Trail.
- 0.10 mile(s) from bike trail, access available from the Inn - numerous trails in the area
- 0.10 mile(s) from rock picking - skip stone, in front of the inn on our cobblestone beach on the East Bay of Lake Superior
- 0.50 mile(s) from tennis courts, five tennis courts three lite for night use
- 0.50 mile(s) from skate board park
- 0.60 mile(s) from charter fishing, Lake Superior
- 0.60 mile(s) from sailing on the Hjordis, sail boat tours of the Grand Marais Harbor and surrounding shoreline on Lake Superior
- 0.80 mile(s) from quilting, classes at Crystal Quilts
- 1.00 mile(s) from Put Put Golf, mini golf and climbing wall at Golf an Stuff
- 2.00 mile(s) from cross county skiing, Pinchusion Mountain - groomed trails for skate and classic - MN ski pass required
- 2.00 mile(s) from Snowshoing, many area trails and backcountry options - Tubbs available for rent at the Inn
- 2.50 mile(s) from Gunflint HIlls Golf, nine hole court on the Gunflint Trail
- 12.00 mile(s) from Cascade Park- hiking, hike the Cascade River from Cascade State Park - great waterfalls
- 18.00 mile(s) from downhill ski-snowboard, Lutsen Mountain downhill ski and board - four mountains - rental and ski school
- 18.00 mile(s) from Alpine Slide, Lusten Moutains
- 18.00 mile(s) from horseback riding, horses for trail riding at Lutsen Mountains
- 18.00 mile(s) from Superior National Golf, Superior National Golf Course at Lutsen Mountains three- nine hole courses overlooking Lake Superior
- 40.00 mile(s) from Grand Portage Casino, slot machines
- 41.00 mile(s) from Grand Portage National Heritage, National Monument Heritage Center-art culture and history
- 41.00 mile(s) from Isle Royal National Park, take a boat out to Isle Royal National Park on Lake Superior
- 41.00 mile(s) from Paddling, Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness paddling, various entry points
- 45.00 mile(s) from Dog Sled Adventures, mushers will take you for a dog sled rides at resorts up the Gunflint Trail
- 0.20 mile(s) from Hughie's Taco House, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, flat bread tacos with beef. beans. chicken, fish, and even sauerkraut.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Sven & Ole's Pizza, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, pizza by the slice or pie, soups, salads, subs, Bridgeman's Ice Cream, take out available. The Pickled Herring Club Pub which is part of this restaurant is open evenings.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Crooked Spoon Cafe, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, American bistro with a twist, wine bar, rave reviews.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Blue Water Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, serves breakfast all day.
- 0.20 mile(s) from My Sister's Place, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 50 different burgers, homemade stone baked pizza, vegetarian options, kids menu, beer and wine.
- 0.20 mile(s) from South of the Border Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, open 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. every day, breakfast served all day, lunch with homemade soups.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Subway®, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, sub sandwiches.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Gunflint Tavern, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, micro brews, great organic food, live music most nights.
- 0.30 mile(s) from American Legion, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, food available some nights.
- 0.30 mile(s) from The Raven, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from Dairy Queen, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, ice cream, burgers, sandwiches.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Sydney's, snack bar, American, open for: lunch, dinner, great custard, homemade waffle cones, wraps, gyros, coffee.
- 0.30 mile(s) from World's Best Donuts, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, open May to October, hotel serves World's Best Donut for breakfast
- 0.40 mile(s) from Java Moose, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, coffee, sandwiches, soups, treats.
- 0.40 mile(s) from The Pie Place, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Northwoods homemade food, they have a pie menu by the slice or whole pie.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Angry Trout, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Chez Jude, Full Service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, chef prepared delights. Summer seven days a week and winter weekends
- 0.50 mile(s) from Dockside Fish Market, cafe, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner, fish and chips, chowder, wraps, dips, Sushi, smoked fish, a great place to plan a picnic basket. Open April - December
- 0.60 mile(s) from Birch Terrace Supper Club, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, sandwiches, steak, fish, pasta and salads, full bar. Karaoke in the bar on Thursday and Friday. Only the bar is open in the winter.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Harbor Light Supper Club, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, live entertainment most nights nightly specials, sports bar
- 7.00 mile(s) from The Landing, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, happy hour, full bar, great steak, fish, pasta, salads, sandwiches.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Cascade Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast served until 2:00 p.m., a huge menu to choose from, full bar.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Naniboujou, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, high tea and dinner served May to mid October, on the historic register
- 30.00 mile(s) from Trail Center, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, great variety - located Mid Gunflint Trail
- 45.00 mile(s) from Gunflint Lodge Bistro, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Northwoods Fare open daily
BEST WESTERN PLUS Superior Inn & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Grand Marais. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Live Eagle Program
Presentations about the biology, ecology and natural history of bald and golden eagles recur daily at the National Eagle Center in Wabasha, northeast of Rochester. The center opens at 11 A.M.
Gichigami Express Sled Dog Race
The second annual three stage dog race passes through Grand Marais on its way to Gunflint Trail. Friendly spectator sites and free admission complement this celebration of Cook County's mushing history.
Family fun, snow sculptures and snowmobile runs are just some examples of Grand Marais's week long celebration of winter fun. Events are featured all across Cook County, all day every day.
Finlandia Ski Marathon
Considered one of the premiere ski events in the world, the Finlandia attracts over 600 competitive cross country skiers from all over the world. Register the day before at Bemidjii or watch the races kick off at Buena Vista ski resort the next morning at 10 A.M.
Detroit Lakes Festival of Birds
Field trips, workshops, social sessions, and exhibitions are just some of the marquee experiences at Detroit Lakes' Festival of Birds in the heart of bird country. Register at M State College.
Sidewalk Days Festival
Only pedestrians are allowed to participate in Downtown Duluth's biggest summer celebration. Featuring great shopping, street-side food, kids' activities and more, the Sidewalk Days Festival starts each day at 8 A.M. on Superior Street.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean