Best Western Plus Superior Inn
104 1st Avenue E US Highway 61 E, Grand Marais, MN 55604-3130
Phone: +1 218-387-2240 | Fax: 218/387-2244 | 66 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Stay at this 100% non-smoking Grand Marais, Minnesota hotel located on Lake Superior near Lutsen Ski Mountain, Boundary Waters Canoe Area and North House Folk School.
Welcome to the Best Western Plus Superior Inn located in Grand Marais, Minnesota. Guests staying at this Grand Marais hotel will be on Lake Superior with private cobblestone beach and near Cook County North Shore Hospital, the Cook County Airport and the Gunflint Trail.
The Best Western Plus Superior Inn awarded "M.K Guertin" in 2012 the highest honor a Best Western can receive for exceptional service, quality, value and commitment to the brand.
Proudly offer 66 recently renovated, richly-appointed guest rooms complete with 40-inch flat panel televisions, free wireless Internet access, microwave and refrigerator. Guests will wake each morning to a delicious complimentary hot breakfast. This Grand Marais hotel's additional amenities include a choice of whirlpool, fireplace or Renewal Steam Suites with walk in steam shower and picture window with view of Lake Superior.
Pets allowed in Traditional, Beargrease (JB Wing) and corner fireplace rooms. Business travelers will be close to the U.S. Coast Guard, Border Patrol, Cook County Courthouse North Shore Hospital and Forest Service, Gunflint Ranger District office.
The Best Western Plus Superior Inn is close to a variety of summer and winter outdoor activities including Lake Superior for biking, hiking, fishing and boating, downhill skiing and cross country skiing, snowmobile trails. Hotel guests often choose the Best Western Plus Superior Inn when attending the John Beargrease Dog Sled Race, Ham Run Marathon, Fisherman's Picnic, Grand Marais Art Festival, Moose Madness, Unplugged, and sightseeing the fall foliage on nearby scenic byways.
For superior customer service and a convenient location in Grand Marais, make a reservation at this award winning, lakefront Minnesota hotel today.
Enjoy your stay.
Best Western Plus Superior Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus superior inn in Grand Marais.
Best Western Plus Superior Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus superior inn in Grand Marais, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 47.751365 / Latitude: -90.330785
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. You will find the Best Western Plus Superior Inn on the shore of Lake Superior one block south of U.S. 61 and one block east of the city center.
Best Western Plus Superior Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located near Lake Superior's north shore, the Grand Portage National Monument serves to inform visitors of the Ojibwe culture. The Grand Portage footpath was the site of the historic French-Canadian Voyageurs trade route, giving the site a wealth of historical context relative to the North American Fur Trade.
Visitors can enjoy strolling the grounds on a walking tour of the monument, while a National Park Service ranger, in period costume, speaks of the rich history of northern Minnesota. Other must-sees include the historic gardens in the Ojibwe Village once maintained at each fur post.
Located among the dazzling scenery of northern Minnesota, Gunflint Hills Golf Course gives visitors nine holes of challenging, yet fun golf for any skill level.
With a surface area of 31,700 acres, Lake Superior is the biggest of the five Great Lakes.
It is the world's largest freshwater lake, and the Great Lakes – Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, and Lake Ontario – are the largest group of their kind on Earth.
While more than 200 rivers feed into massive Lake Superior, it empties into Lake Huron and the Soo Locks, which allows boats access to the lower Great Lakes.
From the fjords of Norway, to the isolated, rugged shoreline of Lake Superior, the North Shore Commercial Fishing Museum displays the extensive history of Minnesota commercial fishing. Must-sees include the Fish House Exhibit, the Fisherman's Exhibits, and plenty of rotating exhibits.
Visitors will also become immersed in a massive collection of maritime artifacts – including over 3,000 photographs, authentic fishing gear, and more. Other exhibits include the Lakewalk, an outdoor exhibit showcasing the "Life of the Lake" in areas near Duluth along the western shore of Lake Superior.
Tettegouche State Park
Just a few miles from the shores of northern Minnesota's Lake Superior, Tettegouche State Park houses a sizable chunk of inland territory offering miles of hiking and recreation trails.
When on the trail's high points on clear days, views of the distant Sawtooth Mountains, Wisconsin’s Apostle Islands, ships on Lake Superior, and Grand Marais are excellent.
Along the shoreline, you'll find Shovel Point, the 60-foot falls of the Baptism River, and the historic Tettegouche Camp.
For more information on the park's hiking trails and the historic value of the area, be sure to visit the Tettegouche Visitor Center.
Voyageurs National Park
Stretched across 200,000 acres of Minnesota’s northern border, Voyageurs National Park houses some of the state’s most dazzling scenery and outdoor recreation.
The park is outside of International Falls – and just a short drive west of Grand Marais.
With several large bodies of water – including Rainey Lake and Kabetogama Lake – boating, canoeing, and kayaking are popular activities among visitors.
Due to the park’s location on the Canadian Shield, rock formations, some over 1 billion years old, are equally as enticing and give the park a very unique presence.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.10 mile(s) from snowmobile trails, access available from the Inn or further up the Gunflint Trail.
- 0.10 mile(s) from bike trail, access available from the Inn - numerous trails in the area
- 0.10 mile(s) from rock picking - skip stone, in front of the inn on our cobblestone beach on the East Bay of Lake Superior
- 0.50 mile(s) from tennis courts, five tennis courts three lite for night use
- 0.50 mile(s) from skate board park
- 0.60 mile(s) from charter fishing, Lake Superior
- 0.60 mile(s) from sailing on the Hjordis, sail boat tours of the Grand Marais Harbor and surrounding shoreline on Lake Superior
- 0.80 mile(s) from quilting, classes at Crystal Quilts
- 1.00 mile(s) from Put Put Golf, mini golf and climbing wall at Golf an Stuff
- 2.00 mile(s) from cross county skiing, Pinchusion Mountain - groomed trails for skate and classic - MN ski pass required
- 2.00 mile(s) from Snowshoing, many area trails and backcountry options - Tubbs available for rent at the Inn
- 2.50 mile(s) from Gunflint HIlls Golf, nine hole court on the Gunflint Trail
- 12.00 mile(s) from Cascade Park- hiking, hike the Cascade River from Cascade State Park - great waterfalls
- 18.00 mile(s) from downhill ski-snowboard, Lutsen Mountain downhill ski and board - four mountains - rental and ski school
- 18.00 mile(s) from Alpine Slide, Lusten Moutains
- 18.00 mile(s) from horseback riding, horses for trail riding at Lutsen Mountains
- 18.00 mile(s) from Superior National Golf, Superior National Golf Course at Lutsen Mountains three- nine hole courses overlooking Lake Superior
- 40.00 mile(s) from Grand Portage Casino, slot machines
- 41.00 mile(s) from Grand Portage National Heritage, National Monument Heritage Center-art culture and history
- 41.00 mile(s) from Isle Royal National Park, take a boat out to Isle Royal National Park on Lake Superior
- 41.00 mile(s) from Paddling, Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness paddling, various entry points
- 45.00 mile(s) from Dog Sled Adventures, mushers will take you for a dog sled rides at resorts up the Gunflint Trail
- 0.20 mile(s) from Hughie's Taco House, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, flat bread tacos with beef. beans. chicken, fish, and even sauerkraut.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Sven & Ole's Pizza, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, pizza by the slice or pie, soups, salads, subs, Bridgeman's Ice Cream, take out available. The Pickled Herring Club Pub which is part of this restaurant is open evenings.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Crooked Spoon Cafe, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, American bistro with a twist, wine bar, rave reviews.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Blue Water Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, serves breakfast all day.
- 0.20 mile(s) from My Sister's Place, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 50 different burgers, homemade stone baked pizza, vegetarian options, kids menu, beer and wine.
- 0.20 mile(s) from South of the Border Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, open 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. every day, breakfast served all day, lunch with homemade soups.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Subway®, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, sub sandwiches.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Gunflint Tavern, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, micro brews, great organic food, live music most nights.
- 0.30 mile(s) from American Legion, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, food available some nights.
- 0.30 mile(s) from The Raven, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.30 mile(s) from Dairy Queen, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, ice cream, burgers, sandwiches.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Sydney's, snack bar, American, open for: lunch, dinner, great custard, homemade waffle cones, wraps, gyros, coffee.
- 0.30 mile(s) from World's Best Donuts, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, open May to October, hotel serves World's Best Donut for breakfast
- 0.40 mile(s) from Java Moose, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, coffee, sandwiches, soups, treats.
- 0.40 mile(s) from The Pie Place, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Northwoods homemade food, they have a pie menu by the slice or whole pie.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Angry Trout, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Chez Jude, Full Service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, chef prepared delights. Summer seven days a week and winter weekends
- 0.50 mile(s) from Dockside Fish Market, cafe, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner, fish and chips, chowder, wraps, dips, Sushi, smoked fish, a great place to plan a picnic basket. Open April - December
- 0.60 mile(s) from Birch Terrace Supper Club, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, sandwiches, steak, fish, pasta and salads, full bar. Karaoke in the bar on Thursday and Friday. Only the bar is open in the winter.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Harbor Light Supper Club, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, live entertainment most nights nightly specials, sports bar
- 7.00 mile(s) from The Landing, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, happy hour, full bar, great steak, fish, pasta, salads, sandwiches.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Cascade Restaurant, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast served until 2:00 p.m., a huge menu to choose from, full bar.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Naniboujou, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, high tea and dinner served May to mid October, on the historic register
- 30.00 mile(s) from Trail Center, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, great variety - located Mid Gunflint Trail
- 45.00 mile(s) from Gunflint Lodge Bistro, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Northwoods Fare open daily
Best Western Plus Superior Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Grand Marais. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean