BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
9330 W Skyline Pkwy, Duluth, MN 55810-2034
Phone: 218/628-0668 | Fax: 218/628-3095 | 69 Rooms | Online Reservations
Experience fun and adventure here in Duluth Minnesota. Our guests love the multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities available. We are adjacent to Spirit Mountain and only minutes away from Canal Park and Downtown Duluth. Spirit Mountain has two new adventure rides - Timber Twister Coaster and Timber Flyer Zip Line. We are a 100% smoke free building but do have wonderful seating areas located just outside of the building. Premium amenities available include free high-speed Internet access, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, on-site business center and our hot deluxe continental breakfast, served each morning. Our hotel's convenient North Shore location and superior services set us apart from other hotels in Proctor, MN.
Our free hot deluxe breakfast buffet helps guests start the day off right with a variety of morning favorites, including bagels, waffles, breads, fresh fruit, coffee and more. For lunch and dinner, we are located near a selection of restaurants, including the Canal Park Brewery, Dry Dock and Timber Lodge Steakhouse.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Indoor pool, heated
- Hot tub, whirlpool located in pool area
- Exercise facility 24 hour, complimentary
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., nominal fee
- Express check out
- Late check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, 24-hour, complimentary
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24-hour, complimentary
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines, located on first and third floors
- Free parking, 24-hour
- Outdoor parking, 24-hour, complimentary
- Truck/RV parking, 24-hour, complimentary
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus spirit mountain duluth in Duluth.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Conveniently located, the best western plus spirit mountain duluth in Duluth, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 46.725485 / Latitude: -92.220885
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Duluth Airport. Take a right onto Haines Rd then left on Highway 53S. Take the exit for Highway 35S. Take Exit 249 (Boundary Ave) then a left. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth is located next to the Holiday gas station.
From: MPLS Airport. Merge onto MN-5 E toward MN-55/St Paul/Minneapolis. Merge onto I-35E N. Keep left to take I-35E N via Exit 242B. Take the I-694 W/US-10 Exit, Exit 113. Merge onto I-35E N/I-694 E. Keep left to take I-35E N via EXIT 47 toward Duluth and I-35E N becomes I-35 N. Take the Boundary Ave exit, Exit 249, toward Skyline Pkwy. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth is located next to the Holiday Gas Station.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Duluth & Iron Range Depot Museum sits inside the 1907 headquarters of the Duluth & Iron Range Railroad. The museum highlights the early pioneering history of the Duluth area, including exhibits on archeological digs, the first shipment of iron ore from Minnesota, and the vast logging companies’ activities from the turn-of-the-century.
The museum faces the harbor, site of the first shipment of iron ore from Minnesota. Two Harbors’ port still ships over 10 million tons of ore each year.
Built in 1896 to move ships and barges carrying iron ore and taconite from mines in the Mesabi Range to points around the world, the Edna G. performed her last tow in 1980. She became the last coal-fired, steam-engine tug service on the Great Lakes upon official retirement in 1981.
Today, the Edna G. is a museum, open for tours. You’ll find the Edna G. about seven blocks south of Highway 61 via Waterfront Drive, along the shore of Agate Bay in northern Minnesota.
Part of Duluth’s scenic Skyline Drive, Enger Park features an 80-foot tower that was dedicated in 1939 by Crown Prince Olav and Crown Princess Martha of Norway. The park features beautiful gardens; both provide excellent views of the city and lake.
Plan your visit to Enger Park and check out the tower on the grounds there – a great way to enjoy Duluth. As one of the centerpiece attractions in the area, Enger Park and Tower showcase the charm, history, and brilliance of Duluth.
Fitger’s traces its brewing roots to at least 1884. The brewery itself prospered for many decades in Duluth before closing in the 1970s; however, the original complex was preserved and when craft brewing took off again in the 1990s, Fitger’s was able to re-open.
Today, they maintain a brewery and restaurant on the original campus, offering up over 20 brews to choose from, as well as local restaurant fare. Try an elk or wild rice burger with a local craft beer! It's all about Fitger's Brewing Co. when you visit Minnesota.
Spectacular waterfalls along the Gooseberry River – five alone north of Highway 61 – are the main draw to Gooseberry Falls State Park, but it’s certainly not at all that the park offers. Check out the Joseph Alexander Visitor Center for plenty of activities and things to see, including 18 miles of hiking trails and 8 miles of mountain biking trails.
Make sure to admire the stonework on the walls, shelters, and other buildings in the park, constructed by Civilian Conservation Corps workers between 1934 and 1941. The park is located near Duluth in northern Minnesota.
The Great Lakes Aquarium features animals and habitats found in the Great Lakes Basin and in other freshwater locations around the world. The Aquarium hosts a variety of traveling and permanent exhibits and is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Explore this 62,000 square-foot facility, located in Duluth, and housing 205 different species of fish, birds, reptiles, and mammals, most of which are native to Minnesota's freshwaters. Don't miss permanent exhibitions of nearby Isle Royale, Saint Louis River, and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
The Lake Superior Marine Museum in Canal Park, right by the Aerial Lift Bridge, details the Great Lakes' history and the part they played in the shipping industry. It’s the Twin Ports most visited attraction, with plenty of exhibits and events for people to attend.
Explore historic Fesnel Lens or the Model of North America on Display and other informative exhibits detailing Duluth and the lake's role in Minnesota's history. Be sure to catch the historic lift bridge in action.
The Lake Superior Zoo, located in Duluth, encompasses 16 acres at the foot of Spirit Mountain. This beautiful setting is home to a wonderful variety of animals reptiles and birds. Visit the zoo to see the naturalistic animal exhibits such as, the Australian Outback, Northern Territory, Asian Caravan, Primate Center, African Savanna and Zoo Central. Visit the Polar Shores exhibit to see Berlin, the zoo's beloved Polar Bear and her friends, the North American River Otters, Harbor Seals and the Snowy Owls.
Kids love spending time in the Children's Zoo where they can get up close to the Pygmy Goat, Shetland Sheep, Sicilian Donkey and Llama. The zoo's play area is also a big hit with the little ones. Schedule plenty of time to enjoy this Minnesota family attraction. Best Western hotels offer convenient and comfortable lodging, for those ready to rest and relax.
Opened in 1934, the Lester Park Golf Course is a premier golf destination in Duluth. As you explore northern Minnesota this spring or summer, be sure to hit the links at Lester Park.
Built in 1910, the beautiful Split Rock Lighthouse is a National Historic Landmark, standing 54 feet high on top of a 130-foot cliff above the crashing waves of Lake Superior below. You can take tours of the structure, the original tower and lens, the fog-signal building, the oil house, and the three keepers' houses, most restored their late 1920s appearance.
Tours of the lighthouse structure take place during between May and October each year; the Visitors Center is open year ‘round. Split Rock State Park’s activities beyond lighthouse admiring include hiking, camping, waterfalls, historic tours, and picnicking along the shore. The park provides a popular connection with the Superior Hiking Trail and the new Gitchi-Gami State Trail.
Tom’s Logging Camp is a re-creation of a 1900s logging camp and Northwest Fur Company Trading Post. The grounds include a nature trail, Hell's Creek, and eight museum buildings located alongside Lake Superior near Duluth in Minnesota.
Explore many exhibits, which include a trading post, harness shop, shoemakers shop and horse shoeing stall, a horse barn and blacksmith shop, bunkhouse and cook's shanty, the Knife River Fishing Museum and a Finnish Sauna. Small entry fee is charged. The camp is open from early May through late October.
The oldest operating lighthouse in Minnesota, the Two Harbors Lighthouse Station started service in 1892 and continues to guide ships. Self-guided tours include the lighthouse tower, the Pilot and Assistant Keeper’s houses, and the Fog Signal building.
You’ll find it seven blocks south of Hwy 61 via South Avenue and Third Street, not far from the Edna G. The lighthouse is located close to Duluth.
A public research university, the University of Minnesota Duluth was established in 1947. Part of the University of Minnesota system, UMD is located in Duluth in northern Minnesota near Lake Superior.
UMD features 85 bachelor's degree programs, and 27 graduate programs to an enrollment of over 10,00 students. Covering 244 acres, the UMD campus features the Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs, and sites like the Tweed Museum of Art, the Marshall W. Alworth Planetarium, and the Glensheen Historic Estate.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 7.00 mile(s) from Vista Fleet Cruises, www.vistafleet.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Great Lakes Aquarium, www.glaquarium.org
- 10.00 mile(s) from Glensheen Historic Estate, www.glensheen.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from North Shore Railroad, www.northshorescenicrailroad.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from Railroad Museum, www.lsrm.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Lake Superior Zoo, wwwlszoo.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from AMSOIL Arena, www.decc.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from William A Irving Ore Boat, www.decc.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from DECC, Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center www.decc.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Lake Superior Railroad, Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad www.lsmrr.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from Maritime Visitor Center, Canal Park's free marine museum
- 5.00 mile(s) from Zeitgeist Arts, www.seitgeistarts.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Adventure Zone, www.azduluth.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Vertical Endeavors, www.verticalendeavors.com
- 5.00 mile(s) from Duluth Huskies Baseball, www.duluthhuskies.com
- 15.00 mile(s) from Positive Energy Outdoors, www.outdooreadventures.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Childrens Museum, www.duluthchildrensmuseum.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Veteran's Memorial Hall, www.vets-hall.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from Bayfront Festival Park, www.bayfrontfestivalpark.com
- 15.00 mile(s) from Superior Whitewater Raft, Tours available www.minnesotawhitewater.com
- 10.00 mile(s) from Miller Hill Mall, multiple stores located at this indoor mall
- 11.00 mile(s) from Kohl's®
- 10.00 mile(s) from Target®
- 15.00 mile(s) from Walmart®
- 4.00 mile(s) from Walgreens
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kmart
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 0.10 mile(s) from Duluth
- 8.00 mile(s) from Hermantown
- 14.70 mile(s) from Cloquet
- 42.00 mile(s) from Two Harbors
- 5.00 mile(s) from Maurices
- 6.00 mile(s) from Allete Inc
- 9.00 mile(s) from Enbridge Energy
- 15.00 mile(s) from Johnson Controls
- 15.00 mile(s) from At Home Living
- 11.25 mile(s) from University of Minnesota Duluth
- 9.95 mile(s) from St. Scholastica
- 7.69 mile(s) from University of Wisconsin, located in Superior, WI
- 8.16 mile(s) from Lake Superior College
- 4.04 mile(s) from Duluth Business University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Spirit Mountain, Spirit Mountain Ski Hill and Adventure Park.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Munger Trail Bike Rental, www.mungerinn.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from North Shore Superior, stand up paddleboarding. Rentals, daily classes including intro classes, yoga/fitness classes and guided tours. www.duluthSUP.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Northern Breezes Sailing, www.northernbreezesduluth.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Wheel Fun Rentals, www.wheelfunrentals.com
- 39.00 mile(s) from Brule River Canoe Rental, www.brulerivercanoerental.com
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hiking Trails, multiple hiking trails located only minutes away from our hotel.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Amicus Adventure Sailing, www.amicusadventuresailing.com
- 1.00 mile(s) from Snowmobiling Trails, call the hotel for more details
- 7.00 mile(s) from Charter Fishing, www.stlouisriverguy.com, www.lakeanddrivercharters.com, www.lakesuperiorhatterasfishing.com, www.lakesuperiorfishing.com, www.sunrisecharterfishing.com, www.n-sgreatlakesfishing.com, www.kdkcharters.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Canal Park Brewing Company, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Dry Dock Bar, Restaurant & Banquet Facility, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Famous Dave's®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Anchor Bar, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 9.00 mile(s) from Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Taste of Saigon Incorporated, full service, Vietnamese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Cold Stone Creamery, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from India Palace, full service, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Bellisio's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar®, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Va Bene Berarducci's Caffe, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Hacienda Del Sol, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Little Angie's Cantina and Grill, full service, Tex-Mex, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Pizza Luce, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 15.00 mile(s) from Sammy's Pizza, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Green Mill Restaurant and Bar, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Timber Lodge Steakhouse®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Duluth. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
12th Annual Plein Air Grand Marais Watch as artists create beautiful works of art when the entirety of Cook County becomes a competition floor. Artists venture forth into nature to capture the unique beauty of the local landscape.
Crossing Borders Studio Tour Studios along the shore of Lake Superior open their doors and invite you in to visit with artists and view their work amongst the beautiful fall colors.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean