BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
9330 W Skyline Pkwy, Duluth, MN 55810-2034
Phone: 218/628-0668 | Fax: 218/628-3095 | 69 Rooms | Online Reservations
Experience fun and adventure here in Duluth Minnesota. Our guests love the multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities available. We are adjacent to Spirit Mountain and offer a complimentarty weekend shuttle service to Spirit Mountain and the Canal Park Brewery. Canal Park and Downtown Duluth are located only minutes away. Spirit Mountain has two new adventure rides - Timber Twister Coaster and Timber Flyer Zip Line. We are a 100% smoke free building but do have wonderful seating areas located just outside of the building. Premium amenities available include free high-speed Internet access, a heated indoor pool, whirlpool, on-site business center and our hot deluxe continental breakfast, served each morning. Our hotel's convenient North Shore location and superior services set us apart from other hotels in Proctor, MN.
Our free hot deluxe breakfast buffet helps guests start the day off right with a variety of morning favorites, including bagels, waffles, breads, fresh fruit, coffee and more. For lunch and dinner, we are located near a selection of restaurants, including the Canal Park Brewery, Dry Dock and Timber Lodge Steakhouse.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast
- Indoor pool, heated
- Hot tub, whirlpool located in pool area
- Exercise facility 24 hour, complimentary
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., nominal fee
- Express check out
- Late check out
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, 24-hour, complimentary
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24-hour, complimentary
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines, located on first and third floors
- Free parking, 24-hour
- Outdoor parking, 24-hour, complimentary
- Truck/RV parking, 24-hour, complimentary
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus spirit mountain duluth in Duluth.
Stay and Play at Spirit Mountain 2 Night
Book our Weekend Stay and Play Package today and receive vouchers for dicounted prices at Spirit Mountain,and a free shuttle ride to and from Spirit Mountain. Spirit Mountain has 22 runs ranging from beginner to expert and the largest Terrain Park in the Midwest. Whether you are coming to ski all weekend or for a few hours this is the perfect package for you. There will be no need to worry about parking with our door to door shuttle service to Spirit Mountain and for lunch or dinner you can also arrange to take our shuttle to the Canal Park Brewery located right on the shore of Lake Superior. Come and experience the fun and adventure here in Duluth, Minnesota.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Conveniently located, the best western plus spirit mountain duluth in Duluth, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 46.725485 / Latitude: -92.220885
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Duluth Airport. Take a right onto Haines Rd then left on Highway 53S. Take the exit for Highway 35S. Take Exit 249 (Boundary Ave) then a left. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth is located next to the Holiday gas station.
From: MPLS Airport. Merge onto MN-5 E toward MN-55/St Paul/Minneapolis. Merge onto I-35E N. Keep left to take I-35E N via Exit 242B. Take the I-694 W/US-10 Exit, Exit 113. Merge onto I-35E N/I-694 E. Keep left to take I-35E N via EXIT 47 toward Duluth and I-35E N becomes I-35 N. Take the Boundary Ave exit, Exit 249, toward Skyline Pkwy. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth is located next to the Holiday Gas Station.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Encompassing 117 acres in Duluth, Chester Bowl Ski Area is a outdoors persons paradise native to northern Minnesota. During the winter, skiers speed down Alpine Hill's 175 foot drop, while families love playing in the snow and the fun winter activities, especially during the annual Winter Carnival.
During the summer, visitors enjoy hiking trails, bicycling and fishing, along with outdoor concerts and programs. Guests are encouraged to visit in September, during the annual Chester Bowl Fall Festival, featuring over 100 vendors with seasonal food, local artisan crafts, local produce, children's rides, and fresh apple cider.
Found inside the 1907 headquarters of the Duluth & Iron Range Railroad, the Duluth Iron Range Museum Depot commemorates the early pioneering history of the Duluth area. Featured exhibits include archeological dig sites, the first shipment of iron ore from Minnesota, and the vast logging companies’ activities from the turn-of-the-century.
The museum faces Agate Bay and Lake Superior, sites of the first shipment of iron ore from Minnesota. Two Harbors’ port still ships over 10 million tons of ore each year. The museum can be found near similar historic Two Harbors attractions – including the Two Harbors Lighthouse Station and the Edna G. Tugboat.
A public, joint civil-military airpark, the Duluth International Airport (DLH) serves the city of Duluth, and other communities in northern Minnesota and northern Wisconsin. Established in 1929, DLH is a 3,020-acre airpark encompassing two runways and one terminal.
Although typically a general aviation airport, three major airlines serve DLH: Allegiant, Delta, and United. The Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport in St. Paul is DLH’s top destination, followed by Detroit and Chicago.
Edna G. Tugboat
Built in 1896 to move ships and barges carrying iron ore and taconite from mines in the Mesabi Range to points around the world, the Edna G. Tugboat performed her last tow in 1980.
She became the last coal-fired, steam-engine tug service on the Great Lakes upon official retirement in 1981.
Today, the Edna G. is a museum, open for tours. You’ll find the Edna G. about seven blocks south of US Highway 61 via Waterfront Drive, along the shore of Agate Bay in northern Minnesota.
Enger Park & Tower
Part of Duluth’s scenic Skyline Drive, Enger Park features an 80-foot tower that was dedicated in 1939 by Crown Prince Olav and Crown Princess Martha of Norway.
The park features beautiful gardens – both provide excellent views of the city and Lake Superior.
Plan your visit to Enger Park and check out the tower on the grounds there – a great way to enjoy Duluth.
As one of the centerpiece attractions in the area, Enger Park and Tower showcase the charm, history, and brilliance of Duluth.
Fitger Brewing Company
Tracing its roots back to 1994, Fitger Brewing Company prospered for many decades in Duluth before closing in the 1970s.
The original complex was preserved and when craft brewing took off again in the 1990s, Fitger’s was able to re-open.
Today, they maintain a brewery and restaurant on the original campus, offering up over 20 brews to choose from, as well as Fitger Brewhouse tours.
The elk or wild rice burger with a local craft beer is a local favorite. Choose from the Jason Mannale, Brett Starfire, and many more craft beer choices during a visit to northern Minnesota.
Gooseberry Falls State Park
Spectacular waterfalls along the Gooseberry River – five alone north of Highway 61 – are the main draw to Gooseberry Falls State Park, but it’s certainly not at all the park offers.
Check out the Joseph Alexander Visitor Center for plenty of activities and things to see, including 18 miles of hiking trails and 8 miles of mountain biking trails.
Make sure to admire the stonework on the walls, shelters, and other buildings in the park, constructed by Civilian Conservation Corps workers between 1934 and 1941.
Founded in 2000, the Great Lakes Aquarium features animals and habitats found in the Great Lakes Basin and in other freshwater locations around the world. The Aquarium hosts a variety of traveling and permanent exhibits and is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Explore this 62,000 square-foot facility, located in Duluth, and housing 205 different species of fish, birds, reptiles, and mammals, most of which are native to Minnesota's freshwaters. Don't miss permanent exhibitions of nearby Isle Royale, Saint Louis River, and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
With a surface area of 31,700 acres, Lake Superior is the biggest of the five Great Lakes.
It is the world's largest freshwater lake, and the Great Lakes – Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, and Lake Ontario – are the largest group of their kind on Earth.
While more than 200 rivers feed into massive Lake Superior, it empties into Lake Huron and the Soo Locks, which allows boats access to the lower Great Lakes.
Found in Canal Park near the Aerial Lift Bridge, the Lake Superior Marine Museum details the history of the Great Lakes and the part they played in the shipping industry. The museum is the Twin Ports most visited attraction, with plenty of exhibits and events fit for all ages.
Must-sees at the museum include the historic Fesnel Lens, the Model of North America on Display, and other informative exhibits detailing Duluth and the lake's role in Minnesota's history. Better yet, be sure to catch the iconic Aerial Lift Bridge in action.
Encompassing roughly 16 acres at the foot of Spirit Mountain, the Lake Superior Zoo is found in the lakeside city of Duluth in northern Minnesota. The zoo is home to variety of naturalistic animal exhibits, including the Australian Outback, Northern Territory, African Savanna, and more.
A fan-favorite – the Polar Shores – showcases "Berlin," the zoo's beloved polar bear and her friends, the North American River Otters, harbor seals and snowy owls. Young ones enjoy spending time in the Lake Superior Children's Zoo, where they can get up-close-and-personal with a host of farm animals.
Opened in 1934, the Lester Park Golf Course is a premier golf destination in Duluth, located alongside the shores of Lake Superior. As you explore northern Minnesota this spring or summer, be sure to hit the links at Lester Park.
Lester Park actually features 27 holes – an 18 hole course with a par of 72, and a back nine course with a par of 36 – the latter is known to be more challenging. Lester Park is frequently associated with Enger Park Golf Course also found in Duluth.
Mille Lacs Lake
Encompassing over 132,000 acres in size, this inland lake is ideal for any avid angler, featuring muskie, walleye, largemouth bass, and more.
Since the lake completely freezes during the winter, ice fishing is a popular winter activity at Mille Lacs.
Too, boating, hiking, four-wheeling, and hunting are also popular activities for visitors of adjacent Mille Lacs Kathio State Park.
Split Rock Lighthouse
Built in 1910, the Split Rock Lighthouse is a National Historic Landmark, standing 54 feet high on top of a 130-foot cliff above the crashing waves of Lake Superior below.
Tours of the lighthouse structure take place between May and October each year – the Split Rock Visitors Center is open year-round.
The park also provides a popular connection with the Superior Hiking Trail and the new Gitchi-Gami State Trail.
Commemorating the region's Historic Logging Camp days, Tom’s Logging Camp is a re-creation of a 1900s logging camp and Northwest Fur Company Trading Post. The grounds include a nature trail, Hell's Creek, and eight museum buildings located alongside Lake Superior near Duluth in northern Minnesota.
Explore many exhibits, which include a trading post, harness shop, shoemakers shop and horse shoeing stall, a horse barn and blacksmith shop, bunkhouse and cook's shanty, the Knife River Fishing Museum and a Finnish Sauna. Due to harsh winter weather, the camp is open from May until October.
Two Harbors Lighthouse Station
Self-guided tours take guests through the lighthouse tower, the Pilot and Assistant Keeper’s houses, and the Fog Signal building.
The lighthouse is located roughly seven blocks south of US Highway 61 via South Avenue and Third Street, not far from the Edna G tugboat museum.
The lighthouse is conveniently located just a short drive northeast from the city of Duluth.
A public research university, the University of Minnesota Duluth was established in 1947. Part of the larger University of Minnesota system, UMD is located in Duluth in northern Minnesota near Lake Superior.
UMD features 85 bachelor's degree programs, and 27 graduate programs to an enrollment of over 10,00 students. Covering 244 acres, the UMD campus features the Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs, and sites like the Tweed Museum of Art, the Marshall W. Alworth Planetarium, and the Glensheen Historic Estate.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 7.00 mile(s) from Vista Fleet Cruises, www.vistafleet.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Great Lakes Aquarium, www.glaquarium.org
- 10.00 mile(s) from Glensheen Historic Estate, www.glensheen.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from North Shore Railroad, www.northshorescenicrailroad.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from Railroad Museum, www.lsrm.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Lake Superior Zoo, wwwlszoo.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from AMSOIL Arena, www.decc.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from William A Irving Ore Boat, www.decc.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from DECC, Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center www.decc.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Lake Superior Railroad, Lake Superior and Mississippi Railroad www.lsmrr.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from Maritime Visitor Center, Canal Park's free marine museum
- 5.00 mile(s) from Zeitgeist Arts, www.seitgeistarts.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Adventure Zone, www.azduluth.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Vertical Endeavors, www.verticalendeavors.com
- 5.00 mile(s) from Duluth Huskies Baseball, www.duluthhuskies.com
- 15.00 mile(s) from Positive Energy Outdoors, www.outdooreadventures.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Childrens Museum, www.duluthchildrensmuseum.org
- 5.00 mile(s) from Veteran's Memorial Hall, www.vets-hall.org
- 7.00 mile(s) from Bayfront Festival Park, www.bayfrontfestivalpark.com
- 15.00 mile(s) from Superior Whitewater Raft, Tours available www.minnesotawhitewater.com
- 10.00 mile(s) from Miller Hill Mall, multiple stores located at this indoor mall
- 11.00 mile(s) from Kohl's®
- 10.00 mile(s) from Target®
- 15.00 mile(s) from Walmart®
- 4.00 mile(s) from Walgreens
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kmart
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 0.10 mile(s) from Duluth
- 8.00 mile(s) from Hermantown
- 14.70 mile(s) from Cloquet
- 42.00 mile(s) from Two Harbors
- 5.00 mile(s) from Maurices
- 6.00 mile(s) from Allete Inc
- 9.00 mile(s) from Enbridge Energy
- 15.00 mile(s) from Johnson Controls
- 15.00 mile(s) from At Home Living
- 11.25 mile(s) from University of Minnesota Duluth
- 9.95 mile(s) from St. Scholastica
- 7.69 mile(s) from University of Wisconsin, located in Superior, WI
- 8.16 mile(s) from Lake Superior College
- 4.04 mile(s) from Duluth Business University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Spirit Mountain, Spirit Mountain Ski Hill and Adventure Park.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Munger Trail Bike Rental, www.mungerinn.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from North Shore Superior, stand up paddleboarding. Rentals, daily classes including intro classes, yoga/fitness classes and guided tours. www.duluthSUP.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Northern Breezes Sailing, www.northernbreezesduluth.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Wheel Fun Rentals, www.wheelfunrentals.com
- 39.00 mile(s) from Brule River Canoe Rental, www.brulerivercanoerental.com
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hiking Trails, multiple hiking trails located only minutes away from our hotel.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Amicus Adventure Sailing, www.amicusadventuresailing.com
- 1.00 mile(s) from Snowmobiling Trails, call the hotel for more details
- 7.00 mile(s) from Charter Fishing, www.stlouisriverguy.com, www.lakeanddrivercharters.com, www.lakesuperiorhatterasfishing.com, www.lakesuperiorfishing.com, www.sunrisecharterfishing.com, www.n-sgreatlakesfishing.com, www.kdkcharters.com
- 7.00 mile(s) from Canal Park Brewing Company, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Dry Dock Bar, Restaurant & Banquet Facility, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Famous Dave's®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Anchor Bar, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 9.00 mile(s) from Fitger's Brewhouse Brewery and Grille, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Taste of Saigon Incorporated, full service, Vietnamese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Cold Stone Creamery, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from India Palace, full service, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Bellisio's Italian Restaurant and Wine Bar®, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Va Bene Berarducci's Caffe, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 10.00 mile(s) from Hacienda Del Sol, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Little Angie's Cantina and Grill, full service, Tex-Mex, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Pizza Luce, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 15.00 mile(s) from Sammy's Pizza, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Green Mill Restaurant and Bar, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Timber Lodge Steakhouse®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse®, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Spirit Mountain Duluth
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Duluth. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Cor PowerSports Midwest Extreme Snowmobile Challenge
Come on out to Lutsen for this fun multi-day snowmobile race around the Lutsen Ski Resort. Race event times vary.
Festival of Birds
Catch one of the premier birding festivals in the country where over 100 species of birds migrate to Detroit Lakes.
You get your very own gorilla costume when you participate in Mankato's 5K run.
Duluth Dylan Fest
Duluth spends a week celebrating its most famous citizen with this week-long festival of music, exhibitions, contests, and showcases.
Willmar Car Club Show and Swap Meet
One of the largest car shows in the state is held in Willmar, alongside concession stands, goodie bags, and playground area.
Minnesota Air Spectacular
Mankato Regional Airport welcomes the USAF Thunderbirds and the Army Gold knights for spectacular aerial stunts.
Park Point Art Fair
120 juried artists display and sell their work at Duluth's summer festival, which also includes musical performances, workshops, and food vendors.
Detroit Lakes Water Carnival
Celebrate the heart of summer with Detroit Lakes' annual week-long July bash, complete with parades, fireworks, and food.
Vikings Training Camp
The Minnesota Vikings come to Mankato and Minnesota State University for training camp. Join the Viking Village for autographs, kids' activities, and more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean