BEST WESTERN Plus Holland House
615 Highway 10 E, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501-4127
Phone: 218/847-4483 | Fax: 218/847-1770 | 56 Rooms | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland House located in Detroit Lakes. Guests staying at this Minnesota hotel will be conveniently near Detroit Lakes public beach, Shooting Star Casino and 45 miles from Hector International Airport in Fargo.
Stay at this Detroit Lakes, Minnesota hotel located near Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge, Pine to Prairie Birding Trail, Essentia Health St. Mary's, Sanford Health and Indian Health Services.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland House proudly offers 56 spaciously-appointed guest rooms each complete with HD televisions, free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave and refrigerator. Guests will wake each morning to a delicious complimentary full breakfast. This Detroit Lakes hotel's additional amenities include an indoor pool open 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. seven days a week & waterslide. Please contact the hotel directly for waterslide hours.
Guests with families will appreciate the studio bunk bed rooms, family rooms and pizza packages. Business travelers will be close to B.T.D., Lakeshirts, Strata, Sanford Health, St. Mary's Essentia Health and USDA. Corporate guests will also appreciate the newly renovated meeting facilities including fax and copy services.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland House is close to a variety of summer and winter outdoor activities including Detroit Lake for fishing and boating, cross-country skiing and snowmobile trails. Hotel guests often choose the BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland House when attending the Street Faire at the Lakes, White Earth Pow Wow, WE Fest Country Music Festival, Pine to Palm Golf Tournament and the Dick Beardsley Half Marathon. This hotel also hosts guests attending the annual Detroit Lakes Festival of Birds in May as well as visiting the Pine to Prairie Birding Trail.
For superior customer service and a convenient location in Detroit Lakes, make a reservation at this Minnesota hotel today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Wristbands (required for pool area/waterslide use) are issued at check-in only to registered hotel guests. Max. of four wristbands per QQ room. Pool hours: 8:30 a.m. – 11 p.m. Waterslide hours vary by day and season. Inquire with front desk for slide hour details.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Free parking
- Complimentary full breakfast, Scandinavian breakfast in fireside lobby, including a hot homemade waffle bar.
- Indoor pool Heated open 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. seven days a week with a 133 foot looping waterslide. Please contact the hotel directly for waterslide hours.
- Hot tub, giant whirlpool
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Meeting facilities, Manitoba seats up to 75, Minnesota up to 30
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Detroit Lake's largest pool area with 133 ft. indoor waterslide
- Kiddie pool with dew drop waterfall
- Bus parking
- Trailer parking
- High-speed Internet access
- Entertainment library with complimentary games, DVDs and more
- Express check out
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Exercise facility, 24-hour New! Fitness room features a treadmill, ascent trainer, recumbent bicycle, functional trainer, free weights, yoga matts, fitness & medicine balls. Fitness Room overlooks indoor topical pool area. Requires guest room key for access. Available for registered hotel guests.
BEST WESTERN Plus Holland House
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus holland house in Detroit Lakes.
BEST WESTERN Plus Holland House
Conveniently located, the best western plus holland house in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 46.810985 / Latitude: -95.828805
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. On U.S. Highway 10, half mile east of downtown. Two miles east on 10 Junction of Highways 59, 34 and 10, towards the BEST WESTERN PLUS Holland House.
BEST WESTERN Plus Holland House
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located in the western region of Minnesota, Otter Tail Lake is a part of the larger chain of lakes formed by the 192-mile long Otter Tail River. The lake is roughly 21 square miles – featuring plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities for Ottertail County visitors.
Avid anglers won't want to miss casting out for a chance at walleye and Northern pike – both are considered plentiful. The lake can be found near the aptly named city of Ottertail – only a short drive from communities like Fergus Falls and Detroit Lakes.
Designed by Paul N. Coates, Pebble Lake Golf Course is a must-play course in Fergus Falls. On your next tour of northern Minnesota, be sure to book a tee time for the Pebble Lake Golf Course – you can drive in from nearby Detroit Lakes.
The course has been open since 1941, offering 18 holes of championship golf, a variety of special events, and features the Tavern 59 Watering Hole & Grill. Moreover, the course and its dazzling rolling terrain and tree lined fairways are boastfully fit for any skill level.
Located in the Townsend Waterfowl Production Area, the Prairie Wetlands Learning Center is a 330-acre area near Fergus Falls, dedicated to the study of wetlands and prairies. The center contains more than 20 wetlands, native prairie land, and more than 180 species of birds.
The center is operated by the state of Minnesota and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Stroll through the Visitor Center to view the exhibits or bring along comfortable shoes and a camera for hiking along the 3.5 miles of trails.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lakes, 412 Lakes within a 25 mile radius of Detroit Lakes
- 1.00 mile(s) from Snowmobile Trails, Detroit Lakes has over 200 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, many are accessible right from our hotel driveway.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Detroit Lakes Beach, A mile long sand beach.
- 1.50 mile(s) from the Historic Holmes Theatre
- 2.00 mile(s) from MN State Technical College
- 2.00 mile(s) from Lakes Curling Club, The Club provides recreational opportunities for all curlers.
- 3.60 mile(s) from Dunton Locks, A state fish hatchery plus wonderful cross-country ski trails.
- 4.10 mile(s) from Soo Pass Ranch, the site of WE FEST country music festival in August and SPIRIT FEST Christian music festival in July.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Rock'N Waters, 18 Hole Mini-Golf Course.
- 7.40 mile(s) from Hamden Slough Wildlife, National Wildlife area is a sanctuary for water fowl.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Shoreham, the oldest part of Detroit Lakes resort area, where Shore Lake Sally and Lake Meissa meet, joined by the Pelican River.
- 19.40 mile(s) from Tamarac National Refuge, 43,000 acres on the Mississippi flyway. Home to bald eagles, trumpeter swans, and countless species of birds and animal life. Enjoy picnicking, hiking, boating, cross country, and skiing, there is also a beautiful vistors center for more information.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Golf Courses, Ten golf couses to choose from within a radius of 20 miles from Detroit Lakes.
- 33.90 mile(s) from Shooting Star Casino, Contains 900 slot machines, 32 Blackjack tables and offers name entertainment.
- 57.00 mile(s) from Itasca State Park, Towering pine trees and the headwaters of the Mississippi River. Hiking and biking trails, picnic grounds and gift shops.
- 1.00 mile(s) from 16 restaurants from waterfront dining to pizza, Chinese and fast food
- 1.00 mile(s) from Downtown Detroit Lakes with unique shops, departments stores and food
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 3 mile(s) from Detroit Mountain, this 200-acre Minnesota recreation destination features alpine skiing, snowboarding, tubing, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, fat bike rentals and, during the summer and fall months mountain bike rentals. Downhill skiers love Detroit Mountain! The new ski area features snowmaking capabilities, day and night skiing, new triple chair lifts, and a bunny hill with magic carpet lift. Daily and season passes, as well as ski rentals and lessons are available.
- 3 mile(s) from Scheels Terrain Park, Minnesota Snowboarding at Scheels Terrain Park at Detroit Mountain. Snowboarders will appreciate the design of the all new Scheels Terrain Park! The Terrain Park is one of the premier parks in the area with tricks, jumps, rails and so much more. A high-speed tow rope pulls skiers and snowboarders to the top for a fun and exciting ride - both up and down. Lessons & equipment rentals available.
- 3 mile(s) from X-Ctry Skiing Snowshoeing, Minnesota Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing and Fat Bikes. The Nordic and snowshoe trails at Detroit Mountain take you on a winding tour through the 200 Minnesota wooded acres at Detroit Mountain. Bring your skis & get on the seven kilometers of groomed skate & classic trails or forge your own route with your snowshoes, or rent them at the Lodge. Groomed x-country trails connect to additional trails at Mountain View Recreation Area & trails at US Fish & Wildlife Waterfowl Production area.
- 0.00 mile(s) from Cross-Country Ski Trails, cross-country trails are mapped and signed.
- 3 mile(s) from Fat Tire Biking-Dt Mntn., Detroit Mountain is now a Mountain Biking Destination. An exciting new network of trails, along with gravity fed flow type trails that will put a smile on faces of ALL AGES! Rentals available. Contour Flow Trails: A natural surface trail consisting of berm, rollers & constant undulation to create a “roller coaster-like” experience. The Skills Course: a playground-like facility comprised of elevated features, such as ladder bridges, designed to teach balance, motor skills & confidence.
- 0.00 mile(s) from Snowmobile Trails, over 200 miles of mapped and groomed trails.
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Spa Within at The Lod, relax, refresh and renew at Detroit Lakes' only day spa with a massage, facial, body wrap, nail therapy and more.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Public Beach, over a mile of public beach located at the foot of Washington Avenue (Main Street)
- 2.00 mile(s) from J&K Marina, place to rent water accessories, pontoons, kayaks, paddle boats, tubes, etc.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rock and Water's, mini golf
- 3.80 mile(s) from Go Putt-n-Bump, enjoy mini gulf and go carts!
- 4.00 mile(s) from Detroit Lakes Community and Cultural Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from Two City Parks, both are located close to Detroit Lake. One is near the pavilion which includes a disc golf course, the other is behind Zorbaz.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Lake Curling Club, 506 Highway 59
- 5.00 mile(s) from Five golf courses, plus more by surrounding lakes
- 9.50 mile(s) from Tubing Hills Ottawa
- 1.00 mile(s) from City Park System, contains 14 tennis courts, picnic areas, playgrounds and beaches. (All Free!)
- 25.00 mile(s) from Local lakes, there are 142 other lakes within a 25 mile radius of Detroit Lakes.
- Across the street from Country Kitchen, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.03 mile(s) from Speak Easy, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, A 30's style atmosphere influenced by prohibition era featuring a lounge, and American and Italian cuisine. Prices for all budgets.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Burger KIng, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from McDonald's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Fireside, Bar/Lounge, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner, steakhouse as well.
- 1.00 mile(s) from China Buffet, Buffet, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner, in strip mall.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Quizno's, Deli, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.50 mile(s) from Miguel's, Fast Food, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.50 mile(s) from Burger Time, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Goober's Bar & Grill, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Main Street Restaurant, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, get a taste of how the locals do it.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Sunflower Hill Coffee..., Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 2.00 mile(s) from D.Dahl's Char House, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, Sports bar and restaurant features steaks, fish, and pastas with appetizing side dishes. Salad bar.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Chinese Dragon, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner, Eat in or take out. Also offer Sunday Buffet, wine/beer also served.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Pizza Hut, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Dairy Queen, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Subway, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, one of three.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Dominos, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.50 mile(s) from Godfather's, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.50 mile(s) from The Lakeside Tavern, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Beautiful outdoor area that over looks the city beach.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Zorbaz Pizza & Mexican, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.00 mile(s) from Beach Front, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 3.00 mile(s) from Perkins, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, open 24 hrs.
- 3.50 mile(s) from KFC, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.50 mile(s) from Taco John's, Fast Food, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN Plus Holland House
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Detroit Lakes. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 Fergus Falls Art, Craft & Home Shows
Three times this holiday season, WestRidge Mall will let visitors peruse a unique blend of clothing, holiday decorations, jewelry, arts and crafts, and more. It all starts at 10 a.m.
2016 Kiwanis Holiday Lights
Sibley Park is your destination for vibrant and dazzling holiday light shows this holiday season. The lights are available seven days a week, with visits from Santa taking place each weekend.
2016 A Christmas Gathering
The Freeborn County Historical Museum in Albert Lea hosts a holiday evening featuring a visit from Santa, live music, toy displays, cookies, and more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean