Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel
1010 Bandana Boulevard W, Saint Paul, MN 55108-5107
Phone: 651-647-1637 | Fax: 651-647-0244 | 110 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Historic Best Western Plus® Como Park Hotel.
Discover this Historic hotel located in Bandana Square in St. Paul, Minnesota built inside a train repair shop!
The Best Western Plus® Como Park Hotel is a unique, Historic hotel located in St. Paul. We are just minutes away from the Twin Cities' premier attractions including the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, the Minnesota State Capitol, the Xcel Energy Center, River Center Convention Center, University of Minnesota and Grand Avenue. Sports fans will love our proximity to Target Field US Bank Stadium and TCF Bank Stadium. Inquire about convenient transportation to St. Paul and Minneapolis.
Stylish and spaciously designed guest rooms feature cable television with HBO® and free high-speed Internet access. We are wheelchair-accessible and have an elevator for your convenience. A complimentary breakfast is served daily on a vintage, train stop-inspired platform. Enjoy our indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, sauna and exercise facility during the day, and unwind in the evening with drinks and appetizers at our on-site bar and lounge.
Our business center is open 24-hours a day and features multiple work stations and free printing. There is a 24-hour market for snacks, sundries etc. as well. Wedding reception and meeting rooms are also available. Pets are welcome.
Discover this Historic hotel in St. Paul, Minnesota built inside the Historic Bandana Square Train Repair shop!
Experience the best in St. Paul! Make a reservation today at the Historic Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Free parking
- Complimentary continental breakfast, includes homemade waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, eggs, donuts, English muffins, toast, yogurt, milk, juice, coffee
- Indoor pool Heated
- Exercise facility, Open from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. multi-station
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish
- Express check out
- Late check out, available on request
- Steam room, 8pp dry sauna
- Cable or satellite television, expanded cable to include- ESPN, HBO®
- Business center
- Printer available
- Hot tub, eight people whirlpool
- Fax services, faxes can be sent at the front desk
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services, stamps available for sale
- Wedding services, rooms available for wedding receptions not exceeding 100 guests
- Meeting facilities, Roundhouse 1860 sq. ft, Soo Line/Milwaukee/Norther each 620 sq. ft
- Banquet facilities, Roundhouse 1860 sq. ft can accommodate 85 people. banquet set up
- Conference facilities Burlington Room- 25 Banquet style, 30 Conference
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Interior corridor
- Concierge Front desk has area and event information as well as a list of restaurants.
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Stamps available for purchase
- Hearing impaired services, TDD Phones
- Elliptical machine
- High-speed Internet access
- Ice/vending machines
- Convenience store/Sundry
Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus como park hotel in Saint Paul.
Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus como park hotel in Saint Paul, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.971547 / Latitude: -93.154729
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: St. Paul Minnesota Airport. Take Highway 5 East towards St. Paul. Highway 5 will turn into West Seventh Street. Follow West Seventh Street to Lexington and veer to the left at a six way intersection. Take Lexington one mile north of I 94 to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West, turn right. The Best Western Plus® Como Park Hotel is on the right.
From: The south. Take I 35 East to Grand Avenue, go left on Grand Avenue. Take Grand Avenue to Lexington and turn right. Take Lexington to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West, turn right. The Best Western Plus® Como Park Hotel is on the right.
From: The north. Take I 35 East, south to Highway 36 West. Take Highway 36 West to Snelling South. Take Snelling South to the Energy Park Drive Exit. Take a left onto Energy Park Drive. Follow Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West and turn left. The Best Western Plus® Como Park Hotel is on the right.
From: The east. Take I 94 to Lexington and turn right. Take Lexington to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West and turn right. The Best Western Plus® Como Park Hotel is on the right.
From: The west. Take I 94 to Lexington and turn left. Take Lexington to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West and turn right. The Best Western Plus® Como Park Hotel is on the right.
Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A member of the MnSCU system, Century College is a two-year community college established in 1967. The largest two-year community and technical college in Minnesota, Century College is located in the northern Twin Cities area near St. Paul.
Covering 170 acres, Century College’s suburban campus is located in White Bear Lake, and accommodates over 11,000 students. Century College offers over 60 degree programs, including Advertising & Marketing, Nursing, Art & Design, Law Enforcement, and more.
Lead by mascot Woody Wood Duck, Century College also features the Scenic Wood Duck Trail, plus community service programs and college athletics.
Set in the Lowertown Historic District in St. Paul, CHS Field is one of several sports venues within the Twin Cities metropolitan area. This brand new ballpark has a capacity of 7,000 seats, and is operated by the City of St. Paul.
CHS Field is home to American Association of Independent Professional Baseball’s Saint Paul Saints, and the baseball team of Hamline University.
Imagine the birds-eye view of the city of Minneapolis, during the late 1920s from a new skyscraper. This view was from the 447-foot-tall Art Deco Foshay Tower, the first skyscraper built in the entire state. This historical skyscraper, designed similar to the Washington Monument, was the tallest building in the city through 1971.
In 2006, this office tower began its conversion into the W Hotel. While in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area, be sure to visit this city landmark – enjoy the scenic drive in from nearby Burnsville. Take the elevator ride to the 30th floor to enter the Foshay Museum and learn about the history of this fascinating building.
Established by Tyrone Guthrie, the Guthrie Theater has been one of the landmark theaters in the Twin Cities region, since it opened in 1963. Well-known actors, including Jessica Tandy and Joan van Ark, performed in the early theater productions, helping the theater to maintain its status as a Minnesota cultural staple for years to come.
In 2006, a new, impressive theater building was completed in downtown Minneapolis, along the Mississippi River to help bring the Guthrie into modern day. The new building houses the signature Wurtele Thrust Stage, the McGuire Proscenium Stage, the Dowling Studio, and other landmarks, available for viewing by guided tour.
Conveniently located in the heart of the Twin Cities metro area, Highland National Golf Course offers a scenic respite from the hustle and bustle of the big cities – and it's a quick drive from Burnsville. Highland was recently renovated and reopened in 2005, now including the "Snoopy" shaped bunker on the 15th hole.
The National features a championship course, a driving range, two putting practice greens, and hosts a bevy of special events – including past events like LPGA Girls Golf, Fairway Foundations, and National Senior Games. Don't miss spectacular views of the nearby Mississippi River and Crosby Lake.
Encompassing more than 14,500 acres of water, Lake Minnetonka features 125 miles of shoreline and an abundance of coves, bays, and islands just west of the Twin Cities area.
For centuries, Native American tribes lived in the area before it was found by two boys paddling up the Minnehaha Creek in 1822.
The name "Lake Minnetonka" stems from an American Indian meaning of "big waters," and is unsurprisingly one of the Minnesota's largest lakes.
The lake is known for its excellent outdoor reaction – including boating, fishing, swimming, hiking the shores, and much more.
Mall of America
This four-level, 4.2-million-square-foot mall contains the Nickelodeon Universe theme park, Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium, LEGO Imagination Center, and the Theatres at Mall of America.
Hungry? Choose from Hard Rock Café, Planet Hollywood, Hooters, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., and many others.
The Mall also hosts over 400 events each year, including Race for the Cure each Mother's Day. And for those on foot, MoA is served by the Mall of America Transit Station.
Marjorie McNeely Conservatory
Owned by the City of St. Paul, the building is a Twin Cities landmark, thanks in part to the Palm Dome and its striking glass architecture.
Must-see gardens include the Ordway Garden, Tropical Encounters, and the Sunken Garden.
Garden Safari Gifts, the park's gift shop, sells shade grown coffee – made from beans grown on a plantation providing a rainforest home for many of the conservatory's animals.
Established in 1971, Metropolitan State University is located in Saint Paul within the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Metro State is a four-year public university.
Metro State’s urban campus features an enrollment of over 11,000 students. The school offers over 60 undergraduate and 10 master's degree programs – plus graduate certificates and doctorates.
This vibrant city along the Mississippi River is home to the Saint Anthony Falls, the only waterfall on the Mississippi River, located above the Stone Arch Bridge.
While visiting downtown, take note of the beautiful Minneapolis Skyline, featuring several landmarks and skyscrapers.
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
Minnesota’s largest and busiest airport, the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is a public, joint civil-military airport serving the Twin Cities area.
MSP is the fifteenth busiest airport in the country in terms of passengers, and is served by major airlines such as American, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways.
MSP is Delta Air Lines’ third largest hub, and also the base airport for Sun Country Airlines.
Built in 1875, Minnehaha Depot is a historic railroad once servicing passengers traveling from Chicago into the Twin Cities area. This once-bustling railroad hub in St. Paul is located along Highway 55, near the Minnehaha Park in South Minneapolis.
Today, the Depot is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society and operated by the Minnesota Transportation Museum. Given its historical significance, the depot is a contributing property to the Minnehaha Historic District.
Mississippi National River & Recreation Area
While exploring the Twin Cities metro area, make time for recreational activities along the Mississippi River.
The recreation area protects 72 miles of shoreline in total – including sites in Dakota, Washington, and Ramsey counties.
Science Museum of Minnesota
Set on the shores of the Mississippi River, the Science Museum of Minnesota in Saint Paul welcomes those who are ready for a fun and engaging learning experience.
Some of the exhibits on permanent display include the Dinosaurs and Fossils Gallery, the Human Body Gallery, and the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices.
Other must-sees include the Mississippi National River and Recreation Visitor Center found in the lobby, and the Kitty Andersen Youth Science Center.
Spoonbridge & Cherry in Minneapolis
One of 40 outdoor art pieces, the Spoonbridge & Cherry is an iconic staple of the 11-acre Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
Operated by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, the Spoonbridge & Cherry installation was completed in 1988 by artists – and married couple – Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen.
Today, the must-see sculpture is the centerpiece of the Walker Art Center's Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
Stone Arch Bridge
A must-see historical Twin Cities landmark, the Stone Arch Bridge was built by railroad executive, James J. Hill, in 1883.
The bridge can be found in downtown Minneapolis – below the Saint Anthony Falls, and between the Interstate 35 Saint Anthony Falls Bridge and 3rd Avenue Bridge.
The bridge measures 2,100 feet long and 28 feet wide – and features 23 arches spanning the Mississippi River.
Once the railroad traffic ceased in 1965, the bridge became a pedestrian bridge and has since hosted many fun city events and festivals – including the annual Fourth of July fireworks show.
Primarily home to the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves, the Target Center in downtown Minneapolis serves as a premier event center for the entire Twin Cities area. Apart form raucous NBA games, the Target Center is also home court for the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA.
The Target Center was opened in 1988 and has hosted major events like WWE professional wrestling, the 1994 NBA All-Star Game, and the 1995 NCAA Women's Final Four. Moreover, the Target Center converts into U.S. Bank Theater – an ideal venue for large concerts and shows.
Home of Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins, Target Field can be found in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. The open-air ballpark opened in 2010, becoming the first stadium specifically built for the Twins, who had previously shared a home field with fellow Twin Cities favorites, the Minnesota Vikings.
Since its construction, Target Field has hosted the 2014 MLB All-Star Game and served as the home field to the Minnesota Golden Gophers for special Big Ten events. Fans are encouraged to visit Target Plaza behind the ballpark, enjoy the Town Ball Tavern, and catch a glimpse of the massive "Minnie and Paul" logo.
Seating nearly 18,000 people, the Xcel Energy Center is also known as the X, the Forest, and the Hive. Set in Saint Paul with the Twin Cities, the center is home to the NHL's Minnesota Wild – plus the NLL's Minnesota Swarm.
As a multi-purpose arena, the Xcel Energy Center also features live concerts, lacrosse games, and other major events. Opened in 2000, the X is owned by the City of St. Paul, and operated by the Minnesota Sports & Entertainment.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.29 mile(s) from Minnesota State Fair, held annually 10 days before Labor day through Labor day. Other major events held throughout the year.
- 1.34 mile(s) from Como Park and Zoo, large park surrounded with walking trails, a glass-structured conservatory, and a scenic lake
- 0.75 mile(s) from Midway Stadium, the home of the Saint Paul Saints along with other entertainment
- 7.00 mile(s) from TCF Stadium, new outdoor Gopher Football Stadium
- 7.20 mile(s) from Metrodome, located downtown Minneapolis, the Metrodome is home of the Twins, the Minnesota Gophers, and the Vikings.
- 12.60 mile(s) from Mall of America (MOA), largest mall and offers a Nickelodean theme park!
- 4.00 mile(s) from Model Railroad Museum, railroad prints, art, model trains
- 3.33 mile(s) from Minnesota State Capitol, which boasts the largest unsupported dome in the world.
- 4.34 mile(s) from Ordway Theatre, located downtown St. Paul, this theatre offers Broadway musical productions as well as the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra.
- 4.39 mile(s) from Science Museum, features a two-story dinosaur and omnitheatre as well as many cultural and scientific exhibits
- 8.00 mile(s) from Twin's Stadium, Minnesota Twin's baseball outdoor stadium
- 8.40 mile(s) from Historic Orpheum, located downtown Minneapolis, this expanded proscenium stage offers many varieties of musical and classic theater
- 8.80 mile(s) from Target Center, offers many live concerts and also houses the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Minnesota Lynx
- 14.00 mile(s) from Underwater World, within the Mall of America, this underground aquarium houses many exotic salt-water fish as well as a huge tank with Minnesota species
- 27.70 mile(s) from Valley Fair, an amusement park with over 70 rides, venues, attractions and also includes its own waterslide park.
- 35.00 mile(s) from Canterbury Race Track, horse racing
- 35.00 mile(s) from Mystic Lake Casino
- 3.97 mile(s) from James J. Hill House, a 45-room mansion owned by railroad magnate James J. Hill. Tours are available Wednesday-Saturday
- 14.44 mile(s)from Mall of America, World Famous Mall of America- most department stores, theaters, and variety of restaurants,and amusement parks
- 5 mile(s) from Historical Grand ave, Historical Grand ave located on Grand avenue and Lexington features a variety of boutiques and shops also featuring a variety of restaurants.
- 5 mile(s) from Rosedale Mall, Rosedale mall features a variety of different shops.
- 15 mile(s) from Mall of America, Largest mall in the United States. With over 400 stores available.
- 10 mile(s) from Nicollet Mall, Nicollet Mall is a twelve-block shopping and dining district of the city.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1 mile(s) from State Fairgrounds, Minnesota State Fair 'the best 11 days of summer' The 11 days prior to Labor Day annually, special events year round.
- 10 mile(s) from Target Field, Home of the Minnesota Twins.
- 1 mile(s) from Como Park Zoo, Como park, Como park zoo, Como park conservatory, Como park Bicycles and peddle boat rentals. Park is open 365 days a year hours vary depending on season.
- 2 mile(s) from Como Conservatory, great place to hold special events such as weddings or anniversaries in a pleasent setting.
- 3 mile(s) from University of Minnesota's, home of the continuing Education Center and various university buildings.
- 3 mile(s) from State Capital, tour our beautiful capital building
- 4 mile(s) from Xcel Energy Center, home of the Minnesota Wild, Concerts and Events
- 4 mile(s) from River Center, St. Paul's Convention Center
- 5 mile(s) from Harriett Island, walking, running, bird watching, picnicking, boating
- 7 mile(s) from Us Bank Stadium, New home of the Minnesota Vikings.
- 7 mile(s) from Mn Childrens Museum
- 7 mile(s) from Science Museum of Minneso
- 8 mile(s) from TCF Stadium, home of the UMN Gophers, football game, track meets, events
- 8 mile(s) from Ordway Center Performing, theatre, plays, musicals and events
- 9 mile(s) from Convention Center Mpls, state, local and International conventions and meetings
- 10 mile(s) from Gold Medal Park, jobbing, picture taking, strolling
- 14 mile(s) from Mall of America, the United States largest mall, over 400 shops restaurants and entertainment.
- 17 mile(s) from National Sports Center, home of the USA Cup and many other special events.
- 18 mile(s) from Target Center, home to the Timberwolves, concerts, events
- 18 mile(s) from Minnehaha Falls, walking, hiking, bird watching, picnicking
- The Waiting Room, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, great place to grab a pizza or quesadilla and a few drinks. Why brave the cold when you can walk down to the lobby have a few drinks, watch a good game and enjoy all the hotel has to offer. Open Monday to Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Gabe's Roadhouse, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, a sports bar and grill approximately three blocks away. A popular place where the Saint Paul Saints meet after home games. Featuring burgers, sandwiches and salads, full bar and telvision screens to watch games. They offer delivery service to the hotel.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ol' Mexico, Bar/Lounge, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, features fajitas, carnitas, tacos and other Mexican cuisine. Full bar and televisions to watch games.
- 2.04 mile(s) from Snuffy's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, local favorite featuring burgers, hot dogs, fries and malts.
- 2.97 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, featuring steaks, ribs and some chicken dishes, variety of salad and other sides. Bar has a variety of beers and mixed drinks available.
- 3.00 mile(s) from New Asia, Bar/Lounge, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.44 mile(s) from Perkins, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24-hr family style restaurant. Features everything from eggs, waffles, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pot roast and home style turkey.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Buffalo Wild Wings, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, featuring wings, burgers, wraps and salad. Bar offers a variety of beer and mixed drinks. Perfect to watch a game.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Chianti, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, features a variety of pasta dishes, desserts and a bar.
- 4.03 mile(s) from Davanni's Pizza & Hoagies, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, offers delivery along with dine-in and carry out.
- 4.45 mile(s) from Red Lobster, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, variety of seafood dishes: scampi, scallops, salmon and crab as well as pasta dishes. Fresh salads and soups also available.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, variety of pasta dishes, soup, salad and bar.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Wild Onion, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast offered on weekends only. Lunch and dinner offer burgers, sandwiches, ribs as well as a variety of salads and desserts.
- 3 mile(s) from Billy's on Grand, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Casual bar & grill decorated with neon beer signs offers a big menu of American fare, plus a patio
- 3 mile(s) from Bonfire Grill, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Dixies on Grand, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Southern comfort food specialist with frequent live jazz music & Sunday brunch, plus a bar & patio.
- 3 mile(s) from Bread and Chocolate, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Family-owned bakery & coffeehouse offering pastries, cafe fare & fair trade espresso drinks.
Best Western Plus Como Park Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Saint Paul. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean