Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
161 Saint Anthony Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55103-2382
Phone: +1 651-227-8711 | Fax: 651/227-1698 | 127 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge!
Enjoy the best of the Twin Cities at our Saint Paul hotel, conveniently located just off I-94 for easy access to either Saint Paul or Minneapolis.
Designed with a new and modern feel, guests enjoy complimentary shuttle and free hot breakfast.
The Xcel Energy® Center, State Capitol and local Saint Paul hospitals bring many returning guests to our property. The River Center is moments away so taking care of business, making those important meetings and attending the latest convention or expo is easy and convenient.
Enjoy free parking at our pet-friendly Saint Paul hotel. A free shuttle to local hospitals, the State Fair and other attractions makes your stay even better. Concerts and events at the Xcel Energy® Center, River Center conventions, and the Minnesota State Fair are just a few beloved events that bring guests to us from around the country. Enjoy a MN Wild® hockey game, the Science Museum or the Minnesota History Center during your trip.
The iconic St. Paul Cathedral dominates the southern view of our hotel. Being across the street from the State Office Building, the Department of Transportation and the State Capitol business travelers make our hotel their home away from home.
Our Saint Paul hotel is favored by employees of Saint Paul College, the McNally School of Music and Macalester College, too. Visiting students and staff with St. Catherine’s, Hamline, the William Mitchell School of Law, St. Thomas and Concordia also favor our property. If you’re here for business with Regions Hospital, Gillette Children’s Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital or United Hospital, you’ll be close to your destination. Visitors of Bethesda Hospital, the Children’s Hospital and the Department of Human Services can also take advantage of our superior location.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Indoor pool Heated
- Cocktail lounge, Peddlers Pub, full service bar & restaurant. Happy hour daily.
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Porterage/bell services
- Hearing impaired services
- Safe deposit boxes
- Guest laundry
- Free parking
- Photocopy services
- Interior corridor
- Outdoor parking
- High-speed Internet access - fully upgraded in 2015
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus capitol ridge in Saint Paul.
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
Conveniently located, the best western plus capitol ridge in Saint Paul, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.951565 / Latitude: -93.107025
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 35E S Bound Take Kellogg Boulevard Exit. Left on Kellogg. Right on John Ireland to the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
From: Interstate 94 East Bound Marion Street Exit. Go to straight then left on John Ireland to the Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge.
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A member of the MnSCU system, Century College is a two-year community college established in 1967. The largest two-year community and technical college in Minnesota, Century College is located in the northern Twin Cities area near St. Paul.
Covering 170 acres, Century College’s suburban campus is located in White Bear Lake, and accommodates over 11,000 students. Century College offers over 60 degree programs, including Advertising & Marketing, Nursing, Art & Design, Law Enforcement, and more.
Lead by mascot Woody Wood Duck, Century College also features the Scenic Wood Duck Trail, plus community service programs and college athletics.
Set in the Lowertown Historic District in St. Paul, CHS Field is one of several sports venues within the Twin Cities metropolitan area. This brand new ballpark has a capacity of 7,000 seats, and is operated by the City of St. Paul.
CHS Field is home to American Association of Independent Professional Baseball’s Saint Paul Saints, and the baseball team of Hamline University.
Imagine the birds-eye view of the city of Minneapolis, during the late 1920s from a new skyscraper. This view was from the 447-foot-tall Art Deco Foshay Tower, the first skyscraper built in the entire state. This historical skyscraper, designed similar to the Washington Monument, was the tallest building in the city through 1971.
In 2006, this office tower began its conversion into the W Hotel. While in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area, be sure to visit this city landmark – enjoy the scenic drive in from nearby Burnsville. Take the elevator ride to the 30th floor to enter the Foshay Museum and learn about the history of this fascinating building.
Established by Tyrone Guthrie, the Guthrie Theater has been one of the landmark theaters in the Twin Cities region, since it opened in 1963. Well-known actors, including Jessica Tandy and Joan van Ark, performed in the early theater productions, helping the theater to maintain its status as a Minnesota cultural staple for years to come.
In 2006, a new, impressive theater building was completed in downtown Minneapolis, along the Mississippi River to help bring the Guthrie into modern day. The new building houses the signature Wurtele Thrust Stage, the McGuire Proscenium Stage, the Dowling Studio, and other landmarks, available for viewing by guided tour.
Conveniently located in the heart of the Twin Cities metro area, Highland National Golf Course offers a scenic respite from the hustle and bustle of the big cities – and it's a quick drive from Burnsville. Highland was recently renovated and reopened in 2005, now including the "Snoopy" shaped bunker on the 15th hole.
The National features a championship course, a driving range, two putting practice greens, and hosts a bevy of special events – including past events like LPGA Girls Golf, Fairway Foundations, and National Senior Games. Don't miss spectacular views of the nearby Mississippi River and Crosby Lake.
Encompassing more than 14,500 acres of water, Lake Minnetonka features 125 miles of shoreline and an abundance of coves, bays, and islands just west of the Twin Cities area.
For centuries, Native American tribes lived in the area before it was found by two boys paddling up the Minnehaha Creek in 1822.
The name "Lake Minnetonka" stems from an American Indian meaning of "big waters," and is unsurprisingly one of the Minnesota's largest lakes.
The lake is known for its excellent outdoor reaction – including boating, fishing, swimming, hiking the shores, and much more.
Mall of America
This four-level, 4.2-million-square-foot mall contains the Nickelodeon Universe theme park, Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium, LEGO Imagination Center, and the Theatres at Mall of America.
Hungry? Choose from Hard Rock Café, Planet Hollywood, Hooters, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., and many others.
The Mall also hosts over 400 events each year, including Race for the Cure each Mother's Day. And for those on foot, MoA is served by the Mall of America Transit Station.
Marjorie McNeely Conservatory
Owned by the City of St. Paul, the building is a Twin Cities landmark, thanks in part to the Palm Dome and its striking glass architecture.
Must-see gardens include the Ordway Garden, Tropical Encounters, and the Sunken Garden.
Garden Safari Gifts, the park's gift shop, sells shade grown coffee – made from beans grown on a plantation providing a rainforest home for many of the conservatory's animals.
Established in 1971, Metropolitan State University is located in Saint Paul within the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Metro State is a four-year public university.
Metro State’s urban campus features an enrollment of over 11,000 students. The school offers over 60 undergraduate and 10 master's degree programs – plus graduate certificates and doctorates.
This vibrant city along the Mississippi River is home to the Saint Anthony Falls, the only waterfall on the Mississippi River, located above the Stone Arch Bridge.
While visiting downtown, take note of the beautiful Minneapolis Skyline, featuring several landmarks and skyscrapers.
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
Minnesota’s largest and busiest airport, the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is a public, joint civil-military airport serving the Twin Cities area.
MSP is the fifteenth busiest airport in the country in terms of passengers, and is served by major airlines such as American, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways.
MSP is Delta Air Lines’ third largest hub, and also the base airport for Sun Country Airlines.
Built in 1875, Minnehaha Depot is a historic railroad once servicing passengers traveling from Chicago into the Twin Cities area. This once-bustling railroad hub in St. Paul is located along Highway 55, near the Minnehaha Park in South Minneapolis.
Today, the Depot is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society and operated by the Minnesota Transportation Museum. Given its historical significance, the depot is a contributing property to the Minnehaha Historic District.
Mississippi National River & Recreation Area
While exploring the Twin Cities metro area, make time for recreational activities along the Mississippi River.
The recreation area protects 72 miles of shoreline in total – including sites in Dakota, Washington, and Ramsey counties.
Science Museum of Minnesota
Set on the shores of the Mississippi River, the Science Museum of Minnesota in Saint Paul welcomes those who are ready for a fun and engaging learning experience.
Some of the exhibits on permanent display include the Dinosaurs and Fossils Gallery, the Human Body Gallery, and the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices.
Other must-sees include the Mississippi National River and Recreation Visitor Center found in the lobby, and the Kitty Andersen Youth Science Center.
Spoonbridge & Cherry in Minneapolis
One of 40 outdoor art pieces, the Spoonbridge & Cherry is an iconic staple of the 11-acre Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
Operated by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, the Spoonbridge & Cherry installation was completed in 1988 by artists – and married couple – Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen.
Today, the must-see sculpture is the centerpiece of the Walker Art Center's Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
Stone Arch Bridge
A must-see historical Twin Cities landmark, the Stone Arch Bridge was built by railroad executive, James J. Hill, in 1883.
The bridge can be found in downtown Minneapolis – below the Saint Anthony Falls, and between the Interstate 35 Saint Anthony Falls Bridge and 3rd Avenue Bridge.
The bridge measures 2,100 feet long and 28 feet wide – and features 23 arches spanning the Mississippi River.
Once the railroad traffic ceased in 1965, the bridge became a pedestrian bridge and has since hosted many fun city events and festivals – including the annual Fourth of July fireworks show.
Primarily home to the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves, the Target Center in downtown Minneapolis serves as a premier event center for the entire Twin Cities area. Apart form raucous NBA games, the Target Center is also home court for the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA.
The Target Center was opened in 1988 and has hosted major events like WWE professional wrestling, the 1994 NBA All-Star Game, and the 1995 NCAA Women's Final Four. Moreover, the Target Center converts into U.S. Bank Theater – an ideal venue for large concerts and shows.
Home of Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins, Target Field can be found in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. The open-air ballpark opened in 2010, becoming the first stadium specifically built for the Twins, who had previously shared a home field with fellow Twin Cities favorites, the Minnesota Vikings.
Since its construction, Target Field has hosted the 2014 MLB All-Star Game and served as the home field to the Minnesota Golden Gophers for special Big Ten events. Fans are encouraged to visit Target Plaza behind the ballpark, enjoy the Town Ball Tavern, and catch a glimpse of the massive "Minnie and Paul" logo.
Seating nearly 18,000 people, the Xcel Energy Center is also known as the X, the Forest, and the Hive. Set in Saint Paul with the Twin Cities, the center is home to the NHL's Minnesota Wild – plus the NLL's Minnesota Swarm.
As a multi-purpose arena, the Xcel Energy Center also features live concerts, lacrosse games, and other major events. Opened in 2000, the X is owned by the City of St. Paul, and operated by the Minnesota Sports & Entertainment.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from State Capitol
- 0.25 mile(s) from Minnesota History Center
- 0.25 mile(s) from St. Paul Cathedral
- 0.75 mile(s) from River Center Convention C
- 0.75 mile(s) from Xcel Energy Center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Science Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from downtown
- 5.00 mile(s) from state fairgrounds
- 6.80 mile(s) from TCF Bank Field, Home of the Minnesota Gophers
- 6.80 mile(s) from Williams Arena, University of Minnesota Gopher Basketball
- 8.00 mile(s) from Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins
- 8.00 mile(s) from Target Center
- 13.00 mile(s) from Mall of America
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.5 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 0.6 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 0.8 mile(s) from Burger Moe's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- 0.8 mile(s) from Cossettas, cafe, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 0.8 mile(s) from Dunn Brothers, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 0.8 mile(s) from Moscow on the Hill, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- 0.8 mile(s) from Patrick McGovern's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 0.8 mile(s) from Red Cow, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- 0.8 mile(s) from The Salt Cellar, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner, 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- 0.9 mile(s) from Downtowner Woodfire Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 7:00 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- 0.9 mile(s) from Tom Reids Hockey City Pub, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- 1.0 mile(s) from Happy Gnome, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- 1.1 mile(s) from Mickey's Diner, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 12:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- 1.1 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 1.2 mile(s) from Great Water's Brewery, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.2 mile(s) from The St. Paul Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
- 1.2 mile(s) from Kincaids, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 1.2 mile(s) from Meritage, bar/lounge, French, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Mancini's Char House, full service, steak house, open for: dinner, 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 1.6 mile(s) from The Bulldog Lowertown, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m.
- 2.0 mile(s) from Dixie's on Grand, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 2.1 mile(s) from New Asia, bar/lounge, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 10:30 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.
- 2.3 mile(s) from Bonfire Wood Fire Cooking, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- 2.3 mile(s) from Cafe Latte, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- 2.5 mile(s) from Pizza Luce, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Best Western Plus Capitol Ridge
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Saint Paul. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean