BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square
1010 Bandana Boulevard W, Saint Paul, MN 55108-5107
Phone: 651-647-1637 | Fax: 651-647-0244 | 110 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Discover this picturesque hotel in St. Paul, Minnesota built inside a historic train repair shop!
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square is a unique, high-quality hotel located in St. Paul. Hotel guests will be conveniently situated near the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, the Minnesota State Capitol, the Xcel Energy Center, River Center Convention Center and the University of Minnesota. We are also close to Target Field and Metrodome, home of the Minnesota Twins and Vikings. Inquire about convenient transportation to Minnesota's great sporting events.
Stylish and spaciously designed guest rooms feature cable television with HBO® and free high-speed Internet access. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily on a platform replicating train stops of days gone by. Come join us for a drink at our onsite "The Waiting Room "Lounge. Why brave the cold when you can walk down to the lobby have a few drinks, watch a good game and enjoy all the hotel has to offer.
Other hotel amenities to take advantage of include an indoor heated swimming pool, Hot Tub, dry sauna, exercise facility, conference and meeting facilities. Wedding services and wedding reception facilities are available. Pets are welcome at this hotel with some restrictions.
Experience the best in St. Paul! Make a reservation today at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Free parking
- Complimentary continental breakfast, includes homemade waffles, oatmeal, cold cereal, eggs, donuts, English muffins, toast, yogurt, milk, juice, coffee
- Indoor pool Heated
- Exercise facility, Open from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. multi-station
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, English, Spanish
- Express check out
- Late check out, available on request
- Steam room, 8pp dry sauna
- Cable or satellite television, expanded cable to include- ESPN, HBO®
- Business center
- Printer available
- Hot tub, eight people whirlpool
- Fax services, faxes can be sent at the front desk
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services, stamps available for sale
- Wedding services, rooms available for wedding receptions not exceeding 100 guests
- Meeting facilities, Roundhouse 1860 sq. ft, Soo Line/Milwaukee/Norther each 620 sq. ft
- Banquet facilities, Roundhouse 1860 sq. ft can accommodate 85 people. banquet set up
- Conference facilities Burlington Room- 25 Banquet style, 30 Conference
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Interior corridor
- Concierge Front desk has area and event information as well as a list of restaurants.
- Porterage/bell services, for a nominal per bag fee
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Stamps available for purchase
- Hearing impaired services, TDD Phones
- Elliptical machine
- High-speed Internet access
- Ice/vending machines
- Convenience store/Sundry
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus bandana square in Saint Paul.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square
Conveniently located, the best western plus bandana square in Saint Paul, Minnesota is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.971585 / Latitude: -93.154965
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: St. Paul Minnesota Airport. Take Highway 5 East towards St. Paul. Highway 5 will turn into West Seventh Street. Follow West Seventh Street to Lexington and veer to the left at a six way intersection. Take Lexington one mile north of I 94 to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West, turn right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square is on the right.
From: The south. Take I 35 East to Grand Avenue, go left on Grand Avenue. Take Grand Avenue to Lexington and turn right. Take Lexington to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West, turn right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square is on the right.
From: The north. Take I 35 East, south to Highway 36 West. Take Highway 36 West to Snelling South. Take Snelling South to the Energy Park Drive Exit. Take a left onto Energy Park Drive. Follow Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West and turn left. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square is on the right.
From: The east. Take I 94 to Lexington and turn right. Take Lexington to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West and turn right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square is on the right.
From: The west. Take I 94 to Lexington and turn left. Take Lexington to Energy Park Drive and turn left. Take Energy Park Drive to Bandana Boulevard West and turn right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square is on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Imagine the birds-eye view of the city of Minneapolis, during the late 1920s from a new skyscraper. This view was from the 447-foot-tall Art Deco Foshay Tower, the first skyscraper built in the entire state. This historical skyscraper, designed similar to the Washington Monument, was the tallest building in the city through 1971.
In 2006, this office tower began its conversion into the W Hotel. While in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area, be sure to visit this city landmark. Take the elevator ride to the 30th floor to enter the Foshay Museum and learn about the history of this fascinating building. Climb the steps to the observation deck to admire the view of the city. Enjoy all of the downtown Twin City action, as a guest of Best Western hotels.
The theater industry in Minneapolis and Saint Paul have dominated the market for years, making it the third largest behind New York City and Chicago. The Guthrie Theater, established by Tyrone Guthrie, has been one of the landmark theaters in the Twin Cities region, since it opened in 1963. Well-known actors, including Jessica Tandy and Joan van Ark, performed in the early theater productions. Throughout the years, Guthrie excelled in his role as Artistic Director, receiving critical acclaim for his productions.
In 2006, a new impressive theater building was completed in downtown Minneapolis, along the Mississippi River. The building houses the signature Wurtele Thrust Stage, the McGuire Proscenium Stage, the Dowling Studio and space for private events. Visit this incredible theater to enjoy one of the many plays, concerts, events or classes, along with dinner in the full-service restaurant. If time allows, partake in a behind-the-scenes tour of the theater. Stay close to a variety of downtown attractions, in a comfortable Best Western hotel and make the most of your time in the city.
The Twin Cities area is not only home to many wonderful attractions, but to many wonderful lakes. Lake Minnetonka is just one of the many fine lakes, in the Minneapolis / Saint Paul region of Minnesota. Encompassing more than 14,500 acres of water, Lake Minnetonka features 125 miles of shoreline and an abundance of coves, bays and islands. It is one of Minnesota's largest lakes. For centuries, Native American tribes lived in the area, before it was found by two boys paddling up the Minnehaha Creek, in 1822.
The Lake Minnetonka name stems from an American Indian meaning of "big waters". Throughout the years, many cities were developed around the lake including, Minnetoka, Deephaven, Wayzata, Tonka Bay, Minnetrista and Spring Park. The lake has become quite a resort area. While in Minneapolis, schedule plenty of time for fun on the water. Enjoy a cruise on the lake, rent a boat from one of the many marinas, go fishing, so swimming or relax at one of the many beaches. After a fun day outside, check into one of the local Best Western hotels, for a peaceful night's rest.
Marjorie McNeely Conservatory
Drawing an average of over 1.2 million visitors each year, the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory is located at Como Park in St. Paul, Minnesota. Owned by the City of St. Paul, the building is a Twin Cities landmark, thanks in part to the Palm Dome and its striking glass architecture.
With a mission to inspire the public to appreciate the living things around them, the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory protects a long list of animal species from Gorillas, Hoffman's Two Toed Sloths, and Harbor Seals to Atlantic Puffins, butterflies, and even tarantulas.
Garden Safari Gifts, the park's gift shop, sells shade grown coffee – made from beans grown on a plantation providing a rainforest home for many of the conservatory's animals. Admission to the park and conservatory is free.
For thirty years, fans of the Minnesota Vikings professional football team, have enjoyed fabulous football action in downtown Minneapolis. The Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome has been the home turf for this popular professional team, since it opened in 1982. The 64,111 seat Metrodome replaced the Metropolitan Stadium, since the capacity was limited to nearly 48,500 people.
Over the years, the Metrodome has also hosted a Major League Baseball All-Star Game, the 1992 Super Bowl, two NCAA Final Four basketball games and two World Series Baseball games. The Metrodome is known to be the loudest of all domed stadiums in the National Football League, due to the fiberglass fabric roof. While in town during football season, enjoy a great night out by attending one of the games. Check into one of the local Minneapolis/St. Paul Best Western hotels, for a peaceful night's rest.
Established in 1971, Metropolitan State University is located in Saint Paul within the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Metro State is a four-year public university.
Metro State’s urban campus features an enrollment of over 11,000 students. The school offers over 60 undergraduate and 10 master's degree programs – plus graduate certificates and doctorates.
The southeastern portion of Minnesota, near the state border of Wisconsin, is home to the Twin Cities of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. Together, the Capital city of Saint Paul and the largest city in the state, Minneapolis, account for two largest cities in the state. Due to the numerous lakes, creeks and waterfalls in Minneapolis, the city is nicknamed the City of Lakes. This vibrant city along the Mississippi River is home to the Saint Anthony Falls, the only waterfall on the Mississippi River, located above the Stone Arch Bridge. While visiting downtown, take note of the beautiful Minneapolis Skyline, featuring several landmarks and skyscrapers.
A few of the more notable landmarks include the Foshay Tower and Foshay Museum, the Mill City Museum, the Guthrie Theater and the Walker Art Center. Minneapolis has grown to become a major business center, with five Fortune 500 companies headquartered in the city and the fifth highest concentration of Fortune 500s. Whether watching the Minnesota Twins play baseball in Target Field, shopping at Mall of America or touring the Cathedral of Saint Paul, there is plenty to do in the Twin Cities region. Stay in the heart of the action in one of the local Best Western hotels, to enjoy a wonderful night's rest and recharge for another fun day in the Twin Cities.
Minnesota’s largest and busiest airport, the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) is a public, joint civil-military airport serving the Twin Cities area. MSP is located within ten miles of Minneapolis and Saint Paul, consisting of two terminals and four runways.
MSP is the fifteenth busiest airport in the country in terms of passengers, and is served by major airlines such as American, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways. MSP is Delta Air Lines’ third largest hub, and also the base airport for Sun Country Airlines.
The Minnehaha Depot is historic Railroad depot, built in 1875, that serviced passengers from Chicago into the Twin Cities area. The depot was known as the "Princess" depot, because of its delicate gingerbread detailed construction. This once-bustling railroad hub in St Paul, is located along Highway 55, near the Minnehaha Park in South Minneapolis.
The Depot is owned by the Minnesota Historical Society and operated by the Minnesota Transportation Museum. The depot was restored in 1967 and became the first building to be restored by the museum. It is dedicated to preserving railroad history. Check into a local Best Western guest room, for comfortable and convenient lodging.
While in vibrant city of Minneapolis, make time for recreational activities along the Mississippi River. The 72-mile Mississippi National River and Recreation Area includes a portion of the river in downtown Minneapolis. It remains a unique National Park dedicated solely to the Mississippi River. The park was established in 1988, as a partnership park, new to the National Park Service.
The park works with all levels of governments and businesses who own land along the Mississippi River to maintain the mission of the National Park Service. Visit this wonderful recreation area for a fun day outside. A few of the many park attractions in Minneapolis are the Stone Arch Bridge, the Historic Fort Snelling and the St. Anthony Falls Historic District. After enjoying time in the park, kick up your feet in a nearby Best Western guest room for a wonderful night's rest.
The Science Museum of Minnesota welcomes those who are ready to have a fun and engaging learning experience. Visit this downtown Saint Paul 370,000 square foot building, to see the interactive exhibits, view the large format films and stroll the five permanent galleries and temporary exhibit gallery.
Learn about physical science, paleontology, technology, the human body and the cultures of the Mississippi River. Step outside to view the outdoor exhibits encompassing ten acres, while you enjoy the view of the Mississippi River. The museum strives to promote the education of science, through its outreach programs. While visiting the Twin City area, rest comfortably with Best Western hotels.
Spoonbridge & Cherry in Minneapolis
One of 40 outdoor art pieces, the Spoonbridge & Cherry is an iconic staple of the 11-acre Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. Set in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, the famed Spoonbridge & Cherry is located on the grounds of the Walker Art Center in central Minneapolis.
Operated by the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, the Spoonbridge & Cherry installation was completed in 1988 by artists – and married couple – Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen.
Today, the must-see sculpture is the centerpiece of the Walker Art Center's Minneapolis Sculpture Garden. Made of aluminum and stainless steel, the sculpture is nearly 30 feet tall, complete with its 5,800-pound spoon and 1,200-pound cherry. The Spoonbridge & Cherry is also the largest of its kind – though it may be safe to say it's the only of its kind.
The Twin City region of Minnesota is home to a variety of wonderful museums, sporting facilities and attractions. A must-see historical Minneapolis landmark, is the Stone Arch Bridge. James J. Hill built this beautiful native granite and limestone bridge over the Mississippi River in 1883, for the Great Northern Railway's Manitoba Line. This Historic Civil Engineering Landmark is located in downtown Minneapolis, below the Saint Anthony Falls, between the I-35W Saint Anthony Falls Bridge and 3rd Avenue Bridge.
The bridge measures 2,100 feet long and twenty-eight feet wide and features twenty-three arches. Once the railroad traffic ceased in 1965, the bridge became a pedestrian bridge. Many fun city events and festivals are held throughout the summer months at the bridge, including the annual fireworks display for the Fourth of July. While in the city, rest comfortably as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Professional baseball action is alive and well in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. Target Field, located in downtown Minneapolis, is home field for the Major League Baseball team, the Minnesota Twins. When this wonderful open-air ballpark opened in 2010, it became the first one specifically built for Twins games. Previously, the Twins played their games at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome and the Metropolitan Stadium.
While in the Minneapolis area, make your way to the Target Center to join over 39,000 baseball fans for a fun day at the ballpark. Although there is no roof, this wonderful limestone facility features a canopy, a heated field, heated viewing areas, a bonfire in the Budweiser roof deck, double-decker bullpens, three restaurants and bars and Target Plaza behind the right field gate. After the game, make your way to one of the local Best Western hotels for comfortable lodging and excellent guest services.
Seating nearly 18,000 people, the Xcel Energy Center is also known as the X, the Forest, and the Hive. Set in Saint Paul with the Twin Cities, the center is home to the NHL's Minnesota Wild – plus the NLL's Minnesota Swarm.
As a multi-purpose arena, the Xcel Energy Center also features live concerts, lacrosse games, and other major events. Opened in 2000, the X is owned by the City of St. Paul, and operated by the Minnesota Sports & Entertainment.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.75 mile(s) from Midway Stadium, the home of the Saint Paul Saints along with other entertainment
- 1.00 mile(s) from Model Railroad Museum, railroad prints, art, model trains
- 1.29 mile(s) from Minnesota State Fair, annual State fair held 10 days before Labor day through Labor day. Other major events held throughout the year.
- 1.34 mile(s) from Como Park and Zoo, large park surrounded with walking trails, a glass-structured conservatory, and a scenic lake
- 3.33 mile(s) from Minnesota State Capitol, which boasts the largest unsupported dome in the world.
- 3.97 mile(s) from James J. Hill House, a 45-room mansion owned by railroad magnate James J. Hill. Tours are available Wednesday-Saturday
- 4.34 mile(s) from Ordway Theatre, located downtown St. Paul, this theatre offers Broadway musical productions as well as the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra.
- 4.39 mile(s) from Science Museum, features a two-story dinosaur and omnitheatre as well as many cultural and scientific exhibits
- 7.00 mile(s) from TCF Stadium, new outdoor Gopher Football Stadium
- 7.20 mile(s) from Metrodome, located downtown Minneapolis, the Metrodome is home of the Twins, the Minnesota Gophers, and the Vikings.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Twin's Stadium, Minnesota Twin's baseball outdoor stadium
- 8.40 mile(s) from Historic Orpheum, located downtown Minneapolis, this expanded proscenium stage offers many varieties of musical and classic theater
- 8.80 mile(s) from Target Center, offers many live concerts and also houses the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Minnesota Lynx
- 12.60 mile(s) from Mall of America (MOA), largest mall and offers a Nickelodean theme park!
- 14.00 mile(s) from Underwater Wold, within the Mall of America, this underground aquarium houses many exotic salt-water fish as well as a huge tank with Minnesota species
- 27.70 mile(s) from Valley Fair, an amusement park with over 70 rides, venues, attractions and also includes its own waterslide park.
- 35.00 mile(s) from Canterbury Race Track, horse racing
- 35.00 mile(s) from Mystic Lake Casino
- 14.44 mile(s)from Mall of America, World Famous Mall of America- most department stores, theaters, and variety of restaurants,and amusement parks
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 3.00 mile(s) from Roseville
- 6.00 mile(s) from Minneapolis
- 6.00 mile(s) from Arden Hills
- 6.00 mile(s) from Moundsview
- 6.00 mile(s) from Shoreview
- 8.00 mile(s) from Bloomington
- 10.00 mile(s) from Maplewood
- 12.00 mile(s) from Vadnais Heights
- 13.00 mile(s) from Woodbury
- 35.00 mile(s) from Stillwater
- .44 mile(s) from Merill Corporation, marketing programs and services
- .50 mile(s) from GES, Education
- .50 mile(s) from US Bank Lock Box, Banking Depository
- .59 mile(s) from Department of Corrections, state government correctional institutions
- .92 mile(s) from Department of Health
- 1.00 mile(s) from Dept. of Transportation
- 3.00 mile(s) from Koch, Business
- 4.00 mile(s) from Home Depot, Retail
- 5.00 mile(s) from Ecolab, Pest Control- Business
- 5.00 mile(s) from Wells Fargo, Banking
- 5.00 mile(s) from Thomson West, Materials
- 6.00 mile(s) from Lutheran Soc. Services, Business
- 6.00 mile(s) from Health Partners, Medical
- 6.00 mile(s) from Caterpillar, Business
- 8.00 mile(s) from Raytheon, Business
- 6.00 mile(s) from A'Viands, food service industry
- 10.00 mile(s) from 3M, business
- 10.00 mile(s) from Shriners, Hospital-Medical
- 11.00 mile(s) from Cargill, Business
- 11.00 mile(s) from Pepsico, Business
- 15.00 mile(s) from FairView Hospital, Medical
- 15.00 mile(s) from Ford, Auto
- 20.00 mile(s) from Schwans, Business
- .50 mile(s) from Kaplan College
- 1.31 mile(s) from Hamline University
- 2.31 mile(s) from Concordia University
- 2.50 mile(s) from St. Thomas
- 2.50 mile(s) from William Mitchell Law Schools
- 3.07 mile(s) from Macalester College
- 4.03 mile(s) from University of Minnesota
- 5.00 mile(s) from Augsburg
- 8.00 mile(s) from Northwestern College
- 8.30 mile(s) from Bethel University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1 mile(s) from State Fairgrounds, Minnesota State Fair 'the best 11 days of summer' The 11 days prior to Labor Day annually, special events year round.
- 1 mile(s) from Midway Stadium, home of the St. Paul Saints minor league baseball team.
- 2 mile(s) from Como Park Zoo, open 365 days, Free Zoo, amusement rides in summer for kids, rides are additional cost
- 2 mile(s) from Como Conservatory, great place to hold special events such as weddings or anniversaries in a pleasent setting.
- 3 mile(s) from University of Minnesota's, home of the continuing Education Center and various university buildings.
- 3 mile(s) from State Capital, tour our beautiful capital building
- 4 mile(s) from Xcel Energy Center, home of the Minnesota Wild, Concerts and Events
- 4 mile(s) from River Center, St. Paul's Convention Center
- 5 mile(s) from Harriett Island, Walking, Running, Bird Watching, Picnicking, Boating
- 7 mile(s) from Metrodome, home of the Minnesota Twins, and Minnesota Vikings.
- 7 mile(s) from Mn Childrens Museum, Museum
- 7 mile(s) from Science Museum of Mn, museum science
- 8 mile(s) from TCF Stadium, Home of the UMN Gophers, football game, track meets, events
- 8 mile(s) from Ordway Center Performing Arts, theatre, plays, musicals and events
- 9 mile(s) from Convention Center Mpls, state, local and International conventions and meetings
- 10 mile(s) from Gold Medal Park, Running, Picture Taking, Strolling
- 14 mile(s) from Mall of America, the United States largest mall, over 400 shops restaurants and entertainment.
- 17 mile(s) from National Sports Center, home of the USA Cup and many other special events.
- 18 mile(s) from Target Center, Home to the Timberwolves, Concerts, Events
- 18 mile(s) from Minnehaha Falls, Walking, Hiking, Bird Watching, picnicking, Etc.
- The Waiting Room, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, great place to grab a small burger and a few drinks. Why brave the cold when you can walk down to the lobby have a few drinks, watch a good game and enjoy all the hotel has to offer. Open Monday to Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Gabe's Roadhouse, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, a sports bar and grill approximately three blocks away. A popular place where the Saint Paul Saints meet after home games. Featuring burgers, sandwiches and salads, full bar and telvision screens to watch games. They offer delivery service to the hotel.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ol' Mexico, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, features fajitas, carnitas, tacos and other Mexican cuisine. Full bar and televisions to watch games.
- 2.04 mile(s) from Snuffy's, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner, local favorite featuring burgers, hot dogs, fries and malts.
- 2.97 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner, featuring steaks, ribs and some chicken dishes, variety of salad and other sides. Bar has a variety of beers and mixed drinks available.
- 3.00 mile(s) from New Asia, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.44 mile(s) from Perkins, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 24-hr family style restaurant. Features everything from eggs, waffles, burgers, sandwiches, salads, pot roast and home style turkey.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Buffalo Wild Wings, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, featuring wings, burgers, wraps and salad. Bar offers a variety of beer and mixed drinks. Perfect to watch a game.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Chianti, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, features a variety of pasta dishes, desserts and a bar.
- 4.03 mile(s) from Davanni's Pizza & Hoagies, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, offers delivery along with dine-in and carry out.
- 4.45 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, variety of seafood dishes: scampi, scallops, salmon and crab as well as pasta dishes. Fresh salads and soups also available.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, variety of pasta dishes, soup, salad and bar.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Wild Onion, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast offered on weekends only. Lunch and dinner offer burgers, sandwiches, ribs as well as a variety of salads and desserts.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bandana Square
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Saint Paul. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean