Science Museum of Minnesota.
5 Marvelous Museums in MN!
From the streets of the Twin Cities to the shores of Lake Superior, the Land of 10,000 Lakes is home to some of the Midwest's most prized science and history museums.
Here are 5 magnificent museums in the Gopher State:
1. The Science Museum of Minnesota, found in the heart of downtown St. Paul, is one of the most unique and delightful museums in the state. Aside from the array of permanent, temporary, traveling, and film exhibits, the museum is also known for its scenic home atop the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River.
2. The Foshay Museum in Minneapolis was the first skyscraper built in Minnesota, and remained the tallest building in Minneapolis up until the early 1970s. Today, visitors make their to the Observation Deck and marvel at the building’s backstory and, of course, enjoy unbeatable views of the Twin Cities.
3. The Lake Superior Marine Museum in Twin Ports brings a variety of excellent views all its own. You’ll love looking out onto Lake Superior with the telescopes, watching the ships come into Canal Park and Duluth. Be sure to check out the array of exhibits at Lake Superior Marine Museum as well.
4. The North Shore Commercial Fishing Museum near Grand Marais shares the interesting tales of mariners exploring Lake Superior and the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Visit the museum today and explore the many exhibits – be sure learn a few boatbuilding techniques while you’re at it.
5. The Duluth & Iron Range Depot Museum offers even more Minnesota history. Be sure and explore the collection of steam locomotives and electric locomotives – some over 150 years old – and the early pioneering and archeological dig artifacts.
Best Western Hotels Along the Way: